It's called Palmer Resort for a reason. Clive Palmer is EVERYWHERE. From the posters on the fence, to the dinasours on the golf course, and the promotion of his titanic project you just can't get away from him (or his personal passions). I found it overwhelmed the resort, which is also showing its age and in need of a refurbishment. I feel sorry for the staff who are great, and making a big effort to make do with what they've got - but I think they are fighting a losing battle. Certainly not the luxurious resort it was in its Hyatt days, but if you love golf, are looking for a 3 star experience, and can ignore Clivesville you could have a good stay. I won't be back.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Coolum Hotel
- Hyatt Regency Coolum Hotel Coolum Beach
- Hyatt Coolum Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the base of Mount Coolum on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast, Palmer Coolum Resort is one of Australia's finest all encompassing resort destinations. Accommodation at Palmer Coolum Resort is set amongst natural bushland, lakes and gardens. Spacious King Junior Suites are popular with couples, while 2 bedroom Woodland, Golf and Lakefront Suites are ideal for families. The exclusive Ambassador Club offers the ultimate in accommodation on the Sunshine Coast, with luxurious 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom Suites. The Ambassador Club Lounge also offers breakfast daily, pre-dinner drinks and canapes each evening, a private pool and tennis court. Superb leisure facilities at Palmer Coolum Resort include an 18-hole championship golf course, the largest day spa in the southern hemisphere including 18 treatment rooms, tennis centre with 7 floodlit courts, 9 sparkling swimming pools, direct access to a privately patrolled beach, Kids Club for children aged 6 weeks to 10 years, the activities centre with cookie decorating, archery and much more! The championship course is complemented by an extensive range of practice facilities including the Golf Education Centre with PGA Teaching Professionals available for private lessons, a chipping green with an adjoining practice bunker, a practice putting green and floodlit driving range. Dining options are aplenty, from the casual elegance of the Captain's Table to the relaxed atmosphere of the Palmer Grill, or Village Square with its tantalizing variety of food and beverage outlets. Enjoy Modern Australian at Ned Kelly's restaurant, authentic South East Asian cuisine from The smiling duck, or delicious pizzas from the Pizza Pasta. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Palmer Coolum Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.