“Awesome pub, great atmosphere, great food, great staff!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Fork and Tap

The Fork and Tap
51 Buckingham St, Arrowtown 9196, New Zealand (Formerly The Tap)
03 442 1860
Cuisines: Pizza, Family Fare, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Havelock North, New Zealand
“Awesome pub, great atmosphere, great food, great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I'd definitely recommend this place whether you are after a nice beer or wine or food and or both! The staff are so friendly and helpful. We were here with my parents and sat out in the garden for an evening meal. Staff were happy to accommodate some changes that we needed to make to my Dad's meal without a problem.
If I had one negative comment; it would be the couple singing - it was awful! (sorry Management but this was true - 23/3/14)
Otherwise awesome!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We called in with the inlaws for a drink before the bun fight of where to eat..... it was Wednesday live irish night and we ended up staying. My husband actually commented on the fact there where three bar staff going for it and one guy was filling two jugs at once. The staff where really active at service and the pizza's where really good all four of us got our half. I did notice the place as full of locals which is a really good sign and made it very social....well done guys we will be back.:)

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Best fish and chips ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I was with two friends here on Tuesday, two had the Fish & Chips the other the Buckingham Breakfast. We were offered Croquette to start, served with a fiery flavorsome sauce, they were beautiful, light and very tasty and easy to eat.
Our meals arrived and were delivered in an orderly time by our very pleasant server. I had the Fish & Chips, they were beautiful. The fish was Blue Cod, obviously fresh and deep fried in a beer batter. The batter was so light so as to hold the fish together as it all melted in my mouth, it was almost not there letting the fish speak for itself. The shoestring fries and fresh green salad perfectly complimented the Fish. There were sauces too but really they weren't required. Honestly the best meal I've had at any establishment in the Queenstown lakes area including Wanaka. Take ya
friends and family, you won't be disappointed. Oh the price, I don't remember about $26-$28 worth every cent.

Visited March 2014
Invercargill, New Zealand
“Destress with Kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Staying in away for the night with kids and looking for somewhere to eat is normally a nightmare but the Fork and Tap was a fantastic find. They have an excellent outdoor play area for children and our 6 & 2 year olds loved it, while us parents could sit and relax and just enjoy the evening not have to be worried about what they were doing while they played. The staff are excellent they are very helpful and personable.
The food was outstanding, I had the Pork Belly Burger which the only fault i found is a could of eaten two they where that good. the menu had something for everyone and the kids menu was great.
If you go to Arrowtown and not go to the Fork and Tap for a meal you will probably regret that choice.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Wellington, New Zealand
“Great atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were lucky enough to visit this pub on Irish Folk Music Night (held every Wednesday) and we had a great evening. The music was excellent and there was a great atmosphere about the place. I would definitely recommend popping in.

Visited March 2014