Based on the reviews on Tripadvisor we had some concerns about staying here. However, after spending 5 nights in a two bedroom cottage we were positively surprised and happy that we stayed in Arrowtown rather than Queenstown. The scenery is beautiful and it doesn’t really feel like a golf resort. (It almost feels like a small village). The cottage was actually pretty large and perfectly fine for two adults and two young children. Nice playground for the kids right outside our door, indoor pool –admittedly a bit cold- and plenty of space for them to run around. The staff at the front desk, –while friendly- could use a bit more knowledge about the region and what to do. The only sour note about our stay was our dinner at the Millhouse. The food was ok, though certainly not as good as Saffron (in Arrowtowon). The real issue was the English “sommelier” from Manchester who is very very keen on trying to shift the most expensive wines in the menu presumably to what he probably thinks are gullible tourists. What was initially downright humorous pretty quickly became just crass. Perfectly nice resort, just skip the Millhouse or at least ignore/bypass the "sommelier".
- Also Known As:
- Millbrook Hotel
- Millbrook Hotel Arrowtown
- Millbrook Resort Arrowtown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Millbrook.. one of Queenstown's best five star hotels.Situated on the 45th parallel in the South Island of New Zealand, nestled within the Southern Alps and framed by the aptly named Remarkables Mountain Range, are the 500 acres of lush green fairways, rolling hills and gentle babbling streams of Millbrook Resort.Millbrook Resort has received multiple awards over the years including best golf resort and best spa and was recently voted as the Leading Golf Resort in Australasia and New Zealand at the World Travel Awards.Millbrook Resort encompasses a 175 room five star hotel, a 27 hole golf course, covered driving range, an award-winning day spa, health and fitness centre with gymnasium, 25m swimming pool, hot pools and a 140 seat conference facility.A choice of dining options from the intimate Millhouse Restaurant, to the casual Hole in One Cafe and Bar or the stunning Clubhouse venue, cater for all guest requirements.Millbrook also offers a wide range of real estate for sale all on free hold titles, from two bedroom villas to expansive family homes. Property ownership at the Resort has attracted buyers from all over the world who appreciate the ease of ownership and the lifestyle Millbrook offers.An impressive 95% of the Millbrook grounds is still open space, with walking and biking tracks for visitors and locals, and mountain bikes to hire onsite.Millbrook is a place to relax for a few days and escape the rat race, it's a place to revive the spirit amidst the mountain air and open space, it's a place for you, your friends and your family to enjoy. As one of Queenstown's best luxury hotels, Millbrook offers the ultimate in five star accommodation.Stay for an hour, a day or a lifetime…. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Agoda and Otel so you can book your Millbrook Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.