My wife and I stayed at the Millbrook for 4 nights. I had seen the website and being a 5 star resort I expected the place to be pretty amazing but it was so much better than what I expected. When you arrive at the resort it has that real wow factor, so peaceful and beautiful and the most amazing views of the mountains and golf courses.
The door lock to our room in the Village Inn was not working so we were given a nice bottle of Pinot Noir and upgraded to the Village Suite. We were pretty stoked with our Village Inn room and weren't too worried about the lock but the Village Suite was amazing and we really appreciated the offer. The staff were super friendly and nothing was ever too much for them.
The gym was very good and caters for everyone doing whether it be cardio or lifting weights. The hot pools outside, which are surrounded by tussock bushes were amazing and we used them every night after a day of exploring Central Otago.
We had one meal at the Hole in One Bar and Cafe, which is one of four restaurants Millbrook. I had the Fiordland Pizza and without doubt its the best I have ever tried. The pizza contained Lamb, Venison and Wild Boar sausage.
In summary what the Millbrook has to offer you simply can't get anywhere else and it was worth every cent we paid. We will definitely stay there again when we visit Queenstown.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named New Zealand’s Top Hotel for three consecutive years at The TripAdvisor Travellers Choice Awards, as well as New Zealand and Oceania’s Leading Golf Hotel at the inaugural World Golf Awards in 2014, Millbrook Resort is the definition of five star luxury. Set across 500 acres of Central Otago countryside, with lush green fairways, rolling hills and gentle babbling streams, the resort offers a complete escape, just twenty minutes from ‘adventure capital’ Queenstown. The Resort encompasses a 175 room five star hotel, offering a variety of luxurious studios and suites, two bedroom villas, two, three and four bedroom cottages, and Fairway Homes, all designed to capture the history of the resort, the surrounding views of the golf course and mountains, and with complete privacy in mind. As co-hosts of the BMW New Zealand Open for 2014 and 2015, Millbrook Resort is celebrated for a bucket-list-inspiring 27 hole championship golf course, acclaimed restaurants, an award winning day spa, a comprehensive health and fitness centre, multiple conference venues and facilities, and a wide range of onsite activities which allow guests to stay and play for days without even leaving the resort. All in-house guests can enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi, preferential green fees, and access to our health and fitness centre. Just a two minute drive from historic Arrowtown, fifteen minutes from Queenstown International Airport, and twenty minutes from Queenstown, Millbrook also provides a free shuttle service to/from Arrowtown and Queenstown so guests can enjoy all that the area has to offer. Millbrook Resort sets the standard for romantic getaways, golfing holidays and relaxing retreats – with a round of golf, lunch at The Hole in One cafe, a signature massage, and an evening at the award winning Millhouse Restaurant or Japanese inspired Kobe Cuisine, just one of the many ways to spend a day at Millbrook Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Millbrook Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Millbrook Hotel Arrowtown
- Millbrook Resort Arrowtown