“Cheap and Cheerful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Northfleet
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Cheap and Cheerful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed at The Granby on Saturday 7th Decemeber. The staff who greeted us a the main reception were very polite, warm and welcoming. The room was warm, clean and the decor was tasteful and simple. The bed was soft as were the towels and the bedding and the room were clean. The shower also had excellent pressure. I would recommend putting a shelf in the bathroom to unpack toiletries as I had to crowd them around the sink. There was a mirror in the bathroom and on the wall of the room, also tea, coffee and hot chocolate and a TV. We went to breakfast and had the full English, minus the meat and had the biggest hash browns I've ever seen. We were provided with ample filter coffee (cafetiere), toast, juice and cereal. The gentleman who served us was so accommodating, I honestly don't think he could have done more for us. £63 for the room including breakfast, I can't fault it and will happily stay at the Granby again - I've stayed in higher rated hotels and not had the same level of service so can't fault it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Gravesend, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Myself and husband held our wedding reception here in september we were very happy with the staffs 'can do' attitude nothing was to much, we had a sit down meal for 50 and the chef coped really well with such a large party the food was great we didnt have one complaint from any of our guests, We then had a buffet for 120 people again the chef did a fab job, we was worried that the venue would not b big enough but there was plenty of room, again the staff made sure everything was perfect for us, we also had a room included in the price it was a lovely double room, with great facilities over all we had an amazing time and would like to thank the granby for everything the did for us... would def reccomend

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Londond, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Myself and my son stayed at the granby in July 2013 although the staff were friendly and welcoming and the restaurant and reception areas were well presented the rooms themselves left a lot to be desired. The room was extremely small with only approximately 3 ft of floor space between the beds. As the room was downstairs you could hear every noise from the restaurant and kitchen above. The room looked grubby and outdated and was in serious need of redecorating. The flooring in the bathroom was stained and dirty looking, the shower was old and barely worked as there was no water pressure, and dirty, badly grouted tiling. Parts of the door frames were falling apart and rotting at the bottoms. And the poor excuse for a shower curtain just left the bathroom flooded after using the shower. The only redeeming feature was the excellent staff and customer service and a lovely outdoor, decked area. Breakfast was included but this was average at best. All in all we couldn't wait to leave and won't be staying here again.

Stayed July 2013
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel at the end of August. The room was an ensuite which was tiny and had no mirror which as I was staying their for an occasion this was essential for getting dressed.
The room was very hot and during the night I opened the window and it was very noisy. The walls near the bed had splashes on it of liquid which made me feel sick. In the morning I could not have a shower or brush my teeth as the bathroom was dirty with the wall tiles and flooring looking like they had never been cleaned. I decided to have a shower at my own home later in the day. Breakfast was the only good aspect of this hotel and some staff were friendly but not completely helpful as I did not get an issue I raised resolved. I WAS ALSO UNHAPPY THAT I HAD TO PAY FOR THE ROOM ON ARRIVAL AND NOT WHEN I CHECKED OUT. Due to the condition of the room I could only stay one night not the 2 nights which were paid for. £55 per room is not good value.

This hotel rooms including the bathrooms need a serious and immediate renovation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Aldershot, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

we booked a double luxury room turns out room 2 is far from it.
things seemed ok till i turned hotel inspector the 2 chairs in the room were once white but now the covers were dirty and covered in marks on one of them there looked like there was blood on the cover.
the en suite was tiny you could brush your teeth whilst you were sat on the loo if you wished but to be honest i would of prefered not to go near the sink or bath the taps on the sink were old the cold tap had a broken top and the paint had started to flake around the plug hole in the bath also in the bath was hair from the last people to use the room the floor tiles were cracked and looked dirty and the toothbrush holder cup had not been washed because there was gunk in the bottom of it.
the 'double' bed was actually 2 single beds pushed together the headboards were covered in dirt and stains.
the curtains were covered in stains as well.
as for the complementary breakfast if you are a veggie expect to only have beans on toast or just toast or cereal they offer sandwiches with ether egg or bacon and sausage my other half had a full English and he said it was ok but not the best.
the room was quiet apart from the odd sound of some one flushing the loo in the next rooms.
but the most grimiest thing i saw in the room was a bogy on the window and it was not small and had been there a long time.
i would strongly urge people to give this place a miss as it is not worth the 64 pound a night at all.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
GranbyHotel_12, Guest Relations Manager at The Granby Hotel, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are sorry that your experience of staying at The Granby did not meet your expectations. We take the cleanliness of our rooms very seriously as we know it is important to our guests. Please be assured that we are constantly checking our procedures to ensure standards. We take on board your point about vegetarian breakfasts and will be reviewing our menus with this in mind. The rooms in main building of the hotel will be undergoing a full refurbishment starting in October 2013.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent the weekend at the Granby Hotel on the 6th,7th July, We had read the reviews after we booked and was worried by some of the negative comments. When we arrived we were very surprised that none of those bad comments were true. In fact we found the Hotel to be very clean, tidy and well equipped for what was a very relaxing weekend. The staff couldn't do enough to help us and always took the time to make sure we had everything we needed. The food was very well prepared and in our opinion had a good selection to choose. One particular member of staff who prepared our breakfast was Lesley, she was wonderful and nothing was to much trouble. For example Lesley prepared my breakfast according to my taste and was more than happy to make sure we had what we needed. and did so with a warm and friendly manner. Me and my partner have decided to make this hotel our accommodation of choice every time we want a weekend of relaxation. So we thank The Granby Hotel staff for making our time there very happy and relaxing. well done to you all. Its friendly, warm, inviting, clean and comfortable.

Stephen Cathersides and partner

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Brentwood
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed for 1 night on route to our final destination. The staff are friendly and helpful. The room needed updating but was ok. The breakfast was excellent and ideal for our onward journey. You get what you pay for and this was good for the price it cost to stay. Would stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Granby Hotel? Share your experiences!