This is really a very beautiful hotel. Since it is quite new, I expect that in one or two years, when the gardens have had a chance to grow, it will be even better.
Rooms are spacious, with all the comfort you can wish for. Staff is very friendly, polite and helpful. Service is great. When I wanted to call home and couldn't get connection, I could use the managers cell phone without any problem. At the front desk they speak good english, waiters etc sometimes not.
There is a nice pool right outside the hotel. The beach is 5-10 min walk from the lobby, and there is also another pool, with bar and restaurant for lunch. There are plenty of (very comfortable) beds and parasols.
Breakfast is good but not excellent (I missed the sliced cold meats). Lunch at the beach is ok, however when we were there, not everything on the menu was available. Diner is also ok, but the portions are a bit small. There shoud be some side dishes (potatos/fries/veggies). The best is to take your breakfast not too early, have lunch around 3 pm, then diner will get you through the night. Anyway, when you do nothing by lie on the beach all day long, you don't need that much food.
This hotel has everything you could possible wish for, except for one thing, and that is atmosphere. This might be due to the fact that it is end of season in april, and there were not many guests. Most nights, we were the only people in the bar.
If you are looking for a place to relax at the beach in full luxury, and don't care for nightlife, this is the place to be in Panama.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the Pacific coast of Panama, Bristol Buenaventura is a luxury oceanfront destination resort and a member of Leading Hotels of the World. The resort sits on 1,000 acres of natural splendor, nestled between rivers, lakes, lush vegetation, and pristine beaches. Blending old world glamour and tropical elegance, the resort is reminiscent of a Spanish hacienda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bristol Buenaventura Hotel Farallon
- Bristol Bueneventura Santa Clara
- JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort Rio Hato