Marriott is already turning this around! We were there mid-January for only one night but the visit couldn't have been better. I have to believe that many of the horror stories that took place before, during and shortly after the changeover from Bristol are true. Today though things seem to be starting to move more smoothly. All of the restaurants are not reopened yet because management wants to get one "perfect" before moving on to others. We met the new chef, there only one week, and the reataurant manager...the seem to get it.
The pool area and beach is fantastic with attentive bar and snack service. The room was perfect!
The Breakfast Buffet and Dinner were both perfect. We had the grilled corvina and it was outstanding.
Marriott will do a great job.
One annoying thing that we handled with minor trouble...the signage to find the place is between horrible and non-existent. Supposedly a political issue is involved.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set on the Pacific coast of Panama, Bristol Buenaventura is a luxury oceanfront destination resort and a member of Leading Hotels of the World. The resort sits on 1,000 acres of natural splendor, nestled between rivers, lakes, lush vegetation, and pristine beaches. Blending old world glamour and tropical elegance, the resort is reminiscent of a Spanish hacienda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Marriott and Jetsetter so you can book your JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bristol Buenaventura Hotel Farallon
- Bristol Bueneventura Santa Clara
- JW Marriott Panama Golf & Beach Resort Rio Hato