“Awesome, nothing better, if travelling this far, you simply must do!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Arnhemland Day Tour

Arnhemland Day Tour
PO Box 39861, Winneliie | Lords Kakadu & Arnhemland Safaris, Northern Territory, Australia
61 8 8948 2200
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 108 Activities in Top End
Melbourne, Australia
61 attraction reviews
“Awesome, nothing better, if travelling this far, you simply must do!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is one of the best tours we did. Heading off we visited rock art on Injalak Hill (Long Time Dreaming) and had morning tea after climbing massive boulders overlooking our vast beautiful land. Our tour was an Aboriginal guide who then led us back to the Injalak Art and Craft Centre where we saw Aboriginal people painting and women weaving pandanus baskets. Then we had a picnic lunch in Gunbalanya, before visiting Mikinji Valley with stunning scenery of billabongs, birds, escarpments - a place to escape, unique and untouched. `

Visited March 2012

Sapphire Coast
“Amazing insight into life in Arnhemland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

One trip that should be on the top of your list for experiencing the "top end" of Australia.
We were picked up at Borders Store after camping the night at Merle. What a wonderful day awaited us. Ezariah our guide was informative and knowledgeable and Karen our driver a pleasure.
The art centre had some astonishing works from all over the area and the weaving and reed painting displays provided hands on experience and a great photo shoot.
After 6 months living in Darwin, this trip is rated in our top 3 experiences. (And that is a big call as we travelled thousands of klms in those 6 months.)

Visited August 2012
lisbon,portugal
“Worst customer service ever-beware of Lord´s Safari”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

My husband and I booked the 1 day tour with Lord´s Safari for Mid March online. We received an email confirming the booking and our credit card was charged for the amount. We were really excited with the trip and booked the plane tickets and hotel for Kakadu.
3 days after our booking (and confirmation email) I received an email fromLords explaining that they do not work in March and the tours only begin in May (apparently a mistake from the booking engine).
Extremely disappointed I sent an email explaining that the plane tickets were not refundable and that I was only spending a short amount of time in Australia and was really looking forward to the trip. The only answer was to offer a refund for the trip or rebooking! Clearly not addressing the issue that I had now plane tickets for a trip that did not make sense anymore.
After another email where I suggested that maybe they could take us to other sites (if the initially ones were closed), they refused and said that everyhting was closed in Kakadu (which is not correct - there are several things open). After I pressed they finally said that I could do some sightseeing on my own.
Clearly not the type of service I would expect from such a recommeded company. Maybe the guide is good but the customer service is appalling.

Visited February 2013
LordsSafaris, Owner at Arnhemland Day Tour, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
We were overseas when this booking came through and it was a fault with our booking engine - there should have been no availability until 1st May - we notified our booking engine IT folk and they fixed this immediately. I remember very clearly offering information to this couple for alternative tours, particularly Tiwi Tours as that was the only other Aboriginal Cultural option I was aware of that would be operating in March. I did not state that everything in Kakadu was closed - simply that we choose not to operate at that time of year as many of the attractions are inaccessible due to high water levels. So our company personally does not operate in this season. I was informed by this passenger that their entire trip had been booked, from Europe, around our one day tour. I apologised at least twice (if not three times) and did offer advice on other options.
“Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant day trip into Arnhemland. Great to do from Jabiru, not as long a drive! The four of us really enjoyed the trip, stunning rock art with a local guide, she was fantastic. Beautiful art at the Art centre, especially the baskets/weaving, great prices too. Thank you for an amazing day.

London
“Arnhemland Day Tour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This was one of the highlights of our trip to Australia in October. The group was deliberately kept to eight and our Aborigine guide, Asariah, accompanied us on the climb up the mountain to see the traditional rock paintings and the sacred burial site. We had a picnic at the top, brought up (somehow) by our driver. She was our hero, especially at the end of the descent and returning to the land rover, we were all feeling the heat and she produced frozen flannels for our heads and frozen oranges to quench our thirst.
D & D2012