we arrived very late at night after driving up from queenstown. the woman at the reception desk was incredibly kind and very helpful (as were all the staff at the desk throughout our stay). our room was decent, although quite dated. we had a nice view out of our second-story room and it was close enough to nelson city centre to be able to drive back and forth easily. the room was fairly clean, although we had a cockroach on the wall one night, which wasn't happy. breakfast was overpriced, so we went elsewhere.
overall, ok room, great service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quaint handcrafted resort village with a charming hotel & fully furnished one and two bedroom cottages overlooking colorful cottage gardens and a spacious village green. The hotel was voted best in the country by HANZ in 2008. Enjoy the resort's award winning restaurant, health spa, gymnasium and solar heated pool. Monaco has a range of conference & function facilities. Located just 5 minutes from Nelson Airport and 15 from central city on the pretty Waimea Estuary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments Hotel Richmond
- Grand Accor Nelson Monaco