The Grand Mercure Monaco was not what we were expecting. We didn't realise that it was so far from Nelson - this was our own fault though.
The hotel itself was good. It was in it's own little English village. The room was clean however there were some 'hairs' in the bathroom sink. Our room was on the ground level with a little courtyard. When we checked in there was a man standing outside our room trimming the hedges. We thought he would see us and leave however he continued to trim and then vacuum for about an hour.
There is a great pub across the road called the Honest Lawyer - I would recommend a beer there.
I probably wouldn’t stay here again only because it wasn’t in the location we were after.
The staff were very friendly though. They gave us lots of advice and directions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A quaint handcrafted resort village with a charming hotel & fully furnished one and two bedroom cottages overlooking colorful cottage gardens and a spacious village green. The hotel was voted best in the country by HANZ in 2008. Enjoy the resort's award winning restaurant, health spa, gymnasium and solar heated pool. Monaco has a range of conference & function facilities. Located just 5 minutes from Nelson Airport and 15 from central city on the pretty Waimea Estuary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Nelson Monaco Apartments Hotel Richmond
- Grand Accor Nelson Monaco