“Good Indian Food and Good Service” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Georgia
“Good Indian Food and Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have not eaten much Indian food before so am no expert. My Butter Chicken was delicious. It came with rice. It was enough for two persons if you share a starter. I split an order of samosas and garlic naan with my husband, which were also good. The wine list is adequate and the servers were pleasant. I would have gone back the next nightbut my husband wanted something different.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Auckland, New Zealand
“GOOD STANDARDS OVERALL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

Dined here recently in a group so had the set menu , althought menu selection looked great
Great staff all appear European so that helps the service standards , they do have a passion for service as opposed to some of the Kiwi younger staff at restaurants
Food selection in the set menu was great, entree was mixed platter with two items of each item per person
Mains again 4 different selections , all well cooked and the heat exactly as requested , served in a very timely manner
Tasty little morsel of dessert, but enought to savour the taste
All in all the best Indian in Nelson albeit can be a little noisy if inside as it is frequented by larger groups , so does pay to book

Wine list is perfectly okay and is not just restricted to Montana wines as a number of other ethenic restaurants are

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
“Very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Having had the previous night a really bad curry, we tried this with mixed emotions, but so glad we did. The place looks good, the service is good and the food really is good. We had the Indian set meal for two total cost $50 and worth every cent. Try it.

Visited March 2013
Nelson, New Zealand
“Going downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

The Indian Cafe used to be my favorite restaurant in Nelson for lunch and dinner. Great service, amazing food, good prices... everything was there.

However the last three times we went there, I was left disappointed.
The dinner we had today tasted very boring, no spice or flavor even though we ordered medium and my lentil curry was more of a lentil soup then a curry. Also the naan was brought about 5 minutes after the meals, which shouldn't happen.

I am not sure why this restaurant is going downhill so fast, but this was the last chance I gave them.
There are two other amazing Indian restaurants in Nelson and Stoke, which will from now on get my business.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Dunedin
“Best ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had the banquet, for two, and were a little surprised when we were asked if we would mind having our starters with the main course. They duly arrived, and from there on, we thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was of the highest quality. I rate this as the best Indian I have had in New Zealand, and certainly, would be comparable with any I have had around the world. The value was excellent, the atmosphere created by this traditional cottage and outside shaded patio added greatly to the experience. I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone.

Visited January 2013