This hotel really does have that wow factor and was the very best hotel we stayed in during our tour of Rajhastan. From the moment you arrive you know that you are somewhere very special. The welcome is the best that we received anywhere and we absolutely loved it, especially the cheeky little man who played, sang and danced for us with his tambourine playing companion. Everything about it is good, the staff are wonderful and those little touches were very impressive from the fruit in the room, silk slippers, hairdryer, iron and ironing board right down to the free shopping bag. The lobby is magnificent with its enormous chandelier and statues complete with real pearl necklaces. The swimming pool was inviting and the pool guy even chucked a ball in for me to play with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Creation of this palatial structure took us a full Six years and we opened our gates to receive our distinguished guests from October 20, 2006 onwards. The hotels exterior is reminiscent of the palaces of Rajasthan featuring huge frescoes hand carved meticulously in ‘pink sandstone’ and white marble. The hotel is dazzling white by day & turns sunset yellow by night with our illumination providing the guests a spectacular view from all angles. Adding to the hotels grandeur is the magnificent ‘atrium’ lobby which reveals sheer grandeur. The interiors are a fusion of the Victorian, Persian & Mughal architecture. Combining the latest technology with a long-standing reputation of Indian hospitality, “Shiv Vilas” symbolizes the very essence of Indian Culture, embracing the best of the new alongside traditions of the past. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Shiv Vilas Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Shiv Vilas Hotel Kukas
- Shiv Vilas Hotel
- The Shiv Vilas Resort India/Kookas