“Fantastic stay with hiccups...” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
50% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kookas
New Delhi, India
“Fantastic stay with hiccups...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We were2 families travelling with 2 3yr old kid. We reached the resort around 1pm. Had informed the person at the time of booking for a little early checking. Also called the resort around 12 that we will reach by 1pm.

We were told that the room will be ready by 2pm. As we had 2 kids travelling in car for 5hrs it was bit inconvenient. But the staff was considerate enough to give a room to relax while our villa was getting ready.

Finally we got our room around 4pm. Though we rested but couldn't really unpack and relax after long drive.

But once we got our villa it was a memorable experience....
We were in jacaranda villa which was in fag end of the resort and absolutely private.
Limited food option on expensive side but good quality and decent serving......
This place is advisable to anyone and everyone who wants to relax.. It's a paradise to take a break as you would not feel to even step out the villa for anything...
They have a home theatre system to enjoy a movie of your choice ...carry ur DVD.
Food is served fresh and hot in the room with a smile... Special mention to ankit if I remember the name correctly...
Staff at the resort help blow up the tubes and water boats which we were carrying for kids....
Advise- dont think of getting out of your villa after 1am in night. I had to move out around 3pm as my cousin joined us next day and he reached kookas around 3pm so had to go to the main road. All lights in the resort were switched off hence it was pitch dark. No one at the reception for any help. Was scary to say the least. Here also at the time of booking I was confirmed that the driver from the resort will go and pick the other guest but I was refused around 11pm in the night that driver is not available. I was give an option to call a taxi for 1200 from Jaipur to fetch the guest...

Inspite of all the hiccups I will visit this place again in October as I have not found a more fulfilling resort to relax and enjoy....

Room Tip: If you are travelling between march and October then opt for pool villa only. In winters pool villa...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate your taking the time to share your Tree of Life experience with a wider audience and am glad to read that you had a "fantastic experience" with us. Yes, the two bedroom Luxury Pool & Spa Villa that you all stayed in is also my absolute favourite, with it's sprawling private garden, a decent size infinity pool and the amazing view across to the forest and hills.

There have been a couple of hiccups during your stay, which should not have happened and I do apologise for the inconvenience they caused. The check-in to your Villa was most unfortunately delayed as the guests who were to check out did not do so on time, despite our repeated requests and it then took house keeping some time to get it serviced for you.

Yes, in order to preserve electricity, we do switch off two-thirds of the lights in our sprawling 7 acres of land and only keep one-third lights on once all guests have gone to their Villas. However, the resort is never in absolute darkness. Villa Services is always available by dialing 9 and it is possible that the staff on night duty would have gone to do some other jobs assigned to him as part of his shift and was not there when you came to the Reception at 1 a.m. In addition, we also have night guards on duty for the security of our guests. Unfortunately, the staff who was on duty that night and involved with the car transfer is no longer with us and I am unable to get a clear status on this when you stayed with us in April. However, as mentioned, this should not have happened and I do regret the inconvenience.

I am happy to read that you will be coming back to us in October and look forward to the same.

Himmat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

It's been a privilege for me to have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world--Bergenstock, Switzerland, the Hay-Adams,Washington, Essex house, New York, the Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur, Acra Beach, Barbados, and many. many more. Tree of Life needs to be considered among the world's best resorts. Amazingly attentive staff, GREAT chef and waitstaff at the restaurant, stunningly beautiful grounds. I've been in India for two months now, and the week spent at the Tree of Life was the best time my wife and I have had here. If you are going to be in Northern India, Make a point to come to this hotel. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Go ahead and splurge for one of the villas with a private pool. Also, the birding here is amazing.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

I must honestly admit - I am dumb founded. You have travelled extensively across the world and stayed at the very best. To put the Tree of Life in the same league as "amongst the world's best resort " is truly very satisfying and makes all the effort of the last four years so much more worthwhile. I am just so happy that your stay with us was it was and thank you for being so generous.

While the Villas and the Resort itself lend to their own charm, the experience which my team creates day after day for our guests, is certainly what highly contributes to the whole stay. I will be sharing your review with them and am certain that they will be as delighted to read it as I am.

I am also glad to read that you enjoyed the birding opportunity at the Resort. I have not devoted much attention to this till now and would need to do more to document the birds we have here.

Thank you once again for your very kind words and we do look forward to having you back with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We went to resort in end April 2014 and i must say it is one of the most amazing resorts i have visited in India , With only a handfull of Villas and almost isolated surroundings its like a paradise . We opted for a 2 bedroom villa with Pvt pool . Everthing to the smallest detail has been taken care of . The Bedrooms rooms are kingsize ones and so is the living room . Since we were 2 families the kids really enjoyed and almost 3-4 hours we would spent in the pool everyday .Food options are limited and expensive but the food quality is great . Also must say the resort staff is very courteous and helpful .
Would definately recommend all to visit at least once as this is a unique experience in itself especially the Pvt pool villas .

Room Tip: Must go for Pvt pool Villas and that too the 2 bedroom ones . We stayed in "Jacranda " .
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Glad to read that you and the family had an enjoyable stay with us. Given that you consider us to be one of the most amazing resorts that you have visited in India is extremely satisfying and also puts a huge responsibility on us to continue providing the high standard of services.

Yes, our Luxury Pool & Spa Villas are unique and much in demand. The 2 bedroom Pool Villa that you stayed in is my absolute favourite, with it's huge lawn and pool which overlook the forest and the hills.

Being exclusive with just 13 Villas, all else we offer is in relation to our size. It is also extremely important for us to serve the food absolutely fresh. We do however, have the Chef put together anything specific that guests may like.

Yes, I do have a great team with me and I shall share your review with them. Thank you for recognising their efforts to make your stay a memorable one.

I do appreciate your recommending us to others and do look forward to having you back with us.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Tree Of Life Spa Resort is one of a handful of hotels synonymous with classical luxury. Spread over acres of hilly terrain on the outskirts of Jaipur, the resort generates a traditional Rajasthan vibe due to the interiors. Though guests pay a little more for pool villas (I highly recommend it) it comes with a private pool in the garden with tasteful furniture and tree shower.. living room and bedroom with a colossal walk-in closet paving the way for a bathroom overlooking lush greenery from all sides.. flat-screen television and DVD players.. plush linens and bright cushions—blissful. In a nod to business travellers, the villas boast a large study table and wifi access. Though I didn't have time to experience the spa and the infinity pool, guests can pamper themselves with spa therapies or opt for a herbal bath in the privacy of the Jacuzzi in their villa's garden.

After checking in (where the management gave me a bracelet with Om Nama Shiva engraved on it), I was escorted to a pool villa and ordered 'Herb Crusted Basa' for lunch—it came with a side of mash and vegetables and was delicious! Reclining in the shade of an umbrella in the garden with my feet in the pool and a book in hand, I was deeply relaxed by late evening and eager to take a round of the property spread over different levels cut out in the hill. My evening walk brought me to a room with beautiful statuettes of Lord Ganesha. The path then turned upward towards a point with a bench overlooking the infinity pool and majestic Aravalli range—this would be the most romantic place on a full moon night! By the time I made my way down to the alfresco restaurant, the three-course dinner was ready (the chef had met me in the afternoon to note culinary preferences). Choosing a table under the starlight and indulge in the magical vista of the well-lit property, dinner began with sumptuous melt-in-the-mouth 'Amritsari Fish Tikka'. For the entrée I chose 'Pan Seared Polenta' and then closed dinner with 'Baked Yoghurt'. The service was attentive and courteous and it was a fabulous experience to dine under the stars.

Walking up the flight of stairs cut into the hill I was back in the villa at 11 p.m. and fell asleep in a bed overlooking lush foliage. Awake at 7:30 a.m. the following morning, I ordered a breakfast of eggs, sausages and pancakes which sadly didn't arrive until it was time to check out. This little hiccup aside, I do recommend a weekend at the spa resort if you want to get away from it all and unwind in the lap of luxury. (18.6.2014)

Room Tip: Choose the Pool Villa!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I do appreciate your taking the time to write in detail on your recent Tree of Life experience. Yes, this indeed is a labour of love which festered in the mind for over two decades and finally took shape some four years ago. The hard work put in seems even more worth-while when guests like you notice and acknowledge the minute details - thank you.

The Resort allows you all the space, peace and calm that one needs. You would have also noticed how the 'mood' of the surroundings changes at different times of the day - what you experience in the morning is so very different from the evening.

I do sincerely apologize for the delay in your breakfast being served and have taken up the matter with the team concerned. As you would have noticed, they are a wonderful bunch of people who do give their best and I must admit I am surprised that they slipped up here.

With my good wishes.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I am really impressed by the sheer hospitality and extremely courteous staff ... Hat's off to their 100 % commitment towards providing me and my family with all the services with smiling faces ...
Would strongly recommend this place to spend time with the family and friends ... Visited this place from 3rd June to 5th June 2014 ...

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Truly delighted to read about your experience with us and thank you ever so much for your very kind words. I will be sharing your review with my wonderful team which made the magic happen for you and I am sure that they will be equally delighted.

I also appreciate your recommending us to your family and friends. A lot of our guests come to us on recommendation of others and I presume this does speak a lot about what the Tree of Life offers.

We do look forward to having you back with us.

Agra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

We only stayed for one night in the Tree of Life as a more upmarket treat on our travels in India, but this turned out to be far more than just a luxurious hotel. It is in the middle of barren desert land, you feel utterly disconnected from the world in the most serene and relaxing way, and every stage of maximum comfort is accounted for. Plus, for what you are getting, the prices are very reasonable.

Our personal villa was immaculate, from the lit domed roof of the bedroom to the huge open washroom, and each is spaced apart so that you don't feel that you are in a hotel at all, more your own sanctuary. The restaurant served us three high quality meals, all very refreshing coming in from the intense heat outdoors - especially the breakfast that was included in our room package (a good, healthy selection of high quality Indian and continental dishes). The infinity pool and surrounding grounds are beautiful; the staff are attentive and not overbearing like most other high end Indian hotels, and you are spoilt for choice with the list of diverse and interesting activities available to you (including several that involve visiting the local village, such as teaching a lesson of your choice at the school - though we unfortunately didn't have time for this!).

Highly recommended, even if you are on a budget - if you want a luxurious escape and new experience, just do it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for appreciating the Tree of Life in being "different". Yes, we have tried to be just that not only in the Villa and public areas but also in our style of service.

I can well imagine that you would have liked to extend your one night stay to a longer one, given all that we offer - The Chef in You; Teach A While; Dinner with your Elephant - the list goes on. Maybe reason enough for you to come back to us ! Thank you also for your kind words on our cuisine - Chef Mahendra and his team do a great job not just in putting together a wonderful menu but also interacting with each guest every evening to put together a meal of their choice.

Should travel bring you back to Jaipur, we at the Tree of Life look forward to welcoming you back home.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

If you are looking for a remote place to unwing in luxury this is the place.We went for a family vacation with my wife and sister.The warm welcome by the resort staff was more than a signal that this would be a great trip.The villas are scattered in acers.The moment you enter the villas,behold,beauty and charm.The villas have your own private pool,spa area,outdoor shower,sunken pool and huge living area as well.Their bell shaped infinity pool is just amazing.But what i particulary liked about the place is its sense of cosy intimacy- I'd expected a large spa centered resort with the trappings of five star ostentation,but it manges to feel more relaxed and refined than that. There is a personal touch in each and every corner of villas it seems that the owner has put endless efforts to come up with it.The food is not "outstanding" but in particular,is very Good specially the deserts.The chance to speak to the chef and agree on a - not by the book lunch or dinner menu is a winner and a real advantage.This is a very,very special place to stay.But wait there were few hiccups of our trip.After being booked in advance they cancelled my spa session which was a bit dissappointing but they very soon managed to solve it out and offered spa treatment after half n hour but upto that time i have changed my plans to move out to amer.Overall a property i will like to visit again and again and celebrate the finest moments of my life:))

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

It is always heartening to read reviews like yours - the attention to detail you mention were always a priority for me while building and now in operating the Tree of Life. I am so glad to read that you and the family allowed us the opportunity to "spoil and pamper" all of you - after all, that's what a holiday is meant to be about !

Yes, although we are spread in 7 acres of land, we still do manage to capture the intimacy of the place, be it in the Villa or in the public areas - a far change from the more 'modern' resorts.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused with the change of your spa schedule and have taken up the matter with the department concerned. However, I do hope this did not otherwise take away from an enjoyable experience.

We do look forward to having you back with us in the not to distant future.

Himmat

Been to Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur? Share your experiences!