“High Camp Bollywood Bling” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
50% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kookas
London England
“High Camp Bollywood Bling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

So, as you arrive at this resort, your first sight is a partially demolished villa in the corner of the property, however, there is no need to worry, this has been wrecked by the local government in a land dispute (only in India, the story sounds absurd) the rest of the resort is intact and well maintained.

The theme here is Indian luxury and it's delivery is not remotely subtle. The villas, which are generously equipped, well laid out and offer considerable privacy, are Disney does Rajasthan in Jaipur pink, with domes over the bathroom and bedroom, the latter of which is mauve inside and has theatrical lighting. The lawns have, for some reason been laid out in narrow strips alternating with cement pathways and there are lots of curves. Suffice to say this is no ashram.

If all the above sounds negative, it is unintentional, because the resort is actually a real winner. The staff are excellent and very helpful, the food is good, the pool area is very well thought through with wonderful views and our little garden, with a plunge pool, looking east to the hills was really lovely. The resort is isolated but not inaccessible (and there is some major development going on about 1 km to the west which may spoil the view a bit) Jaipur is half an hour away and Amer and the fort much less. On the downside, the wifi is painfully slow and the booze is expensive (but we did get stuck in).

All in all, this great little place comes highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Your header did stump me for a moment ! But then as I read further into your review, I once again realised how challenging the hospitality business is, with each guest having his own interpretation of what one offers. Well travelled as you are, I am sure you have experienced innumerable hotels and I take this opportunity to elaborate a little more on where you left off.

Yes, the issue with the local authorities has finally been cleared and we should be able to restore our Villa shortly. Like you rightly said - this can happen only in India.

Comparing the Tree of Life with 'Disney ' is an unfair one - this is the only Resort of it's times which has respected and maintained a century year old tradition of using natural resources - lime and stone - as against cement, bricks and steel. This gave it the mild pink finish that you see - admired by many of our previous guests and appreciated by environmentalists. To add to respecting our building tradition, the Resort was built by 100 villagers within one kilometre of us and we continue to have a very close association with them even today.

The interior of Villas, once again, are linked to nature. As you would be aware, each Villa is named after an Indian tree. The interior theme of the Villa is based on the colour of the flower of the tree. So we ended up having a dash of either pink, orange, yellow and purple inside the Villas - depending on the colour of the flower.

The glass work that you see in our interiors (Thekri), is a dying traditional art. The person who has done this exquisite work used to be a labourer at the site when the Resort was being built. He shared his passion and talent with us - we gave him the opportunity. Today, Shivraj is travelling from his small little village next to us to Delhi, Mumbai and may be Singapore (!) to share his amazing talent with guests who have stayed with us and want him to do work in their residences.

I just thought it important to share all this with you, as Disney or Bollywood never crossed my mind while building or operating the Tree of Life.

I am also glad to read that you had an enjoyable and relaxed stay with us and thank you for your kind appreciation of what we offer. Yes, being in a valley area with hills around, the internet is slow and we do advise all clients about this at the initial stage of their enquiry with us. But then, we do believe in our Laidback Lifestyle service and I guess an easy going internet only contributes to our belief !

Do appreciate your recommending us to others and look forward to having you back with us, should travel bring you to Jaipur again.

Himmat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
San Diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

We've just returned from India and Nepal, and our four day stay at the Tree of Life was clearly a highlight. The property is breathtaking, meticulously landscaped, and replete with an array of stunning sculptures, koi ponds, gravity edge pools, ponds, and perfectly manicured lawns. The individual villas - the equivalent of beautiful unattached homes, ring the property on terraced levels (lots of stairs, but manageable) are architecturally magnificent, and reflect a feeling of India modernism. There's a small workout room with state of the art commercial grade equipment, a beautiful, open yoga and meditation building and a lovely dining room that serves, in our experience, Michelin quality cuisine.

Indeed, you'll get a call in the late afternoon asking what time would be convenient for the very talented chef to drop by your villa to discuss the evening's menu, make any necessary adjustments or substitutions. There's a tech specialist to make sure your ipod is properly linked to the villa's sound system (speakers in every room). And innumerable room service and housekeeping attendants ready to attend to your requests.

We stayed in a luxury pool villa and it was...amazing! A walled paradise with a private walkway, Buddha statuary and hanging bougainvillea. Enter into the large living room with fireplace, couch, dining table, large window seat overlooking the backyard private pool, media center and bar.

Then move into the bedroom, with King bed centered under a large shocking pink dome with indirect lighting and inset metallic design. Comfy bed, high count luxurious linens, nice desk, as well with great wireless internet service (for a fee, of course, which seemed unnecessary given the cost of the villa).

From there, proceed into the very large bathroom, with marble floors, large glass shower with door to the outside pool and two different showerheads, double sink, high quality amenities of every sort, and windows and light everywhere, but completely private.

Outside, great lounge chairs, a small but serviceable pool (unheated, which made it unusable in February), outdoor showers, a soak tub, beautiful lawn and shrubbery and flowers.

The spa was first class and Mary, our masseuse was extremely well trained and very, very accomplished. One of the best massages I've ever received.

There was, however, one minor but irritating blemish on this otherwise perfect experience. The water temperature was tepid, never hot. It was 37 degrees celcius, warm enough not to shiver in the morning, but far from a good, hot shower. We called once, they said they'd investigate. We called several hours later. They said the water probably got cold on its way from the central hot water heater (absurd). We asked to speak to the manager. Never heard back. We called the third day and asked again for the manager to contact us. Never heard back. On check day, we took our last shower before being picked up and... really hot, steamy water! What the heck?

We found this profound refusal to address our complaint directly, or even receive a return phone call or visit so anomalous, and rude, given the extraordinary service of the staff and the painstaking attention to detail that is visible everywhere.

That said, we'd stay at Tree of LIfe again - in a heartbeat. It's almost perfect.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

I have over the last two days, read your review a couple of times. It is not often that guests take so much time, care and trouble to share their experiences with other travellers in such detail. I am privileged that the Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur has a place in your heart - and for the right reasons.

This indeed is a labour of love, which fermented in my mind for some 25 years before I embarked on starting construction in 2007. It took a team of 100 odd villagers some three years to complete what you experienced. And at every step I had just one thought in mind - what would my 'to be' guests like to experience ? The attention to detail and everything else stemmed from this thought. Thank you ever so much for your very kind words. Construction apart, the Tree of Life would not be what it is, had it not been for my very supportive team who go out of their call of duty to deliver what we do.

Having said that, I am of course equally disappointed to read the incident about the hot water. Yes, there is absolutely no excuse for what happened and my team should have responded better. We did have a problem with the hot water not being as hot as it should be with a few Villas on a particular line for a couple of days when temperatures dropped unexpectedly. We should have offered to change your Villa for you. I do sincerely apologise in the way your complaint was handled and have spoken to the staff concerned so that this does not occur again.

As far as the wi-fi is concerned, we do not charge for it from any of our guests. I have checked your invoice and do not find any entry towards the same. However, if there has been a charge indicated in your invoice, kindly send me the details on himmat@treeofliferesorts.com and I will ensure that the same is rectified immediately.

Thank you once again for connecting with us via Trip Advisor and I do look forward to having you back for another amazing Tree of Life experience.

Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Unfortunately we only stayed 2 nights at the Tree of Life in Jaipur in our 2 week trip to India but it was for us the best hotel we stayed in. The attention to detail was fantastic and all the staff were very helpful, friendly and professional. We wished we could have spent more time at the resort and will definitely add that comment to our feedback to the company we travelled with. It was great to have the peace and quiet around us which we rarely experienced in India although that meant we were a taxi drive from the main sights. A beautiful resort and we highly recommend it.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so glad to read that we were your "best hotel" during your 2 weeks travel in India. Thank you so much for your very kind words about our Villas, the staff, the cuisine and all that went into making your stay with us memorable.

Yes, I do agree with you that an additional night would have given you the opportunity to explore our surroundings, visit the school, meet with our friendly villagers and do a bit more than the regular sight seeings. May be this is a reason to come back again for a longer stay !

It is also very kind of you to recommend us to others who may be visiting Jaipur. Thank you once again for sharing your Tree of Life experience with other travellers.

Lymington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

A clean friendly haven of tranquility in a lovely area. Wonderful service and superb food. The individual bungalows are fantastic with utopian facilities. The central tipping stops you being hassled al the time. A free massage when you arrive distresses you completely and sets you up to enjoy a magical dinner. Can't recommend it higher!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Coming from a seasoned traveller as you, I am delighted to read your very kind words on your recent Tree of Life experience.

Yes, the spacious and well appointed villas, the huge calm space and serene surroundings all add to beauty of being at the Tree of Life. Added to this, is my wonderful team which goes out of it's way in providing a warm and attentive service.

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your experience with a wider audience.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

This would probably come across as a strange review coming out of an unpleasant check-out experience as the entire stay was excellent but the check-out was anti climax!
Fellow travelers,
I had finalized Tree of Life Resort for a very special day (14th Feb 2014) and I am glad that I eventually chose a 2 night package at this resort as a surprise gift for my wife.
Right from the moment we entered the resort and completed the check-in process, everything looked just so perfect!
We were simply awestruck by the pool villa, the overall service standards were outstanding & the food was scrumptious too (bit expensive though).
The staff’s attitude was so very friendly and courteous that we were completely at ease all throughout our stay.
Everything was going perfect & we decided to further pamper ourselves by visiting the spa. Since we have a 20 months old kid, we couldn’t have taken the spa together.
Hence I booked a slot for my wife on 15th afternoon but well expressed ‘tentative’ status for myself. Unfortunately, my kid got a bit cranky & I couldn’t take the spa treatment. This was accordingly informed to the staff (on the very first ‘follow-up’ call from them) with the same reason mentioned here.
May be as a courtesy, the staff again checked with me during the dinner on 15th night and I expressed my inability to take the spa. The last follow-up call (for some reason) came around 10 AM on 16th, my check-out date. Again, I politely declined to Mr Kito & he also courteously said “ok, no problem”.
Then came the check-out moment. As we were approaching the reception with sweet memories of our stay, the manager told us that the resort has lost revenue because of my not taking take the spa treatment despite confirming!
I reasoned with them since I didn’t find their approach very healthy & the discussion turned into a bit of an argument when they insisted me to consider taking the massage at that time. I was wondering why this ‘issue’ was brought up at the time of check-out? Didn’t I tell them so many times that I am not taking the spa treatment? Eventually the staff realized that they cant defend the argument anyfurther and we were ‘allowed’ to go.
I genuinely feel that was a very unfortunate incident. The same set of people who were literally obsessed with making every bit of our stay perfect just did something that left me and my wife with such a bitter feeling.
Still, a moment of madness can’t take away what they all did for us for 2 days : Augmented our experience.

Room Tip: Take Villas on the higher levels, you'll get much better view of the property. Also, do discuss...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me begin by sincerely apologising for the unfortunate spa incident which happened with you at the time of check-out. The Tree of Life does not 'push sales' and I must admit that I am very disappointed to read what transpired. The staff concerned, joined us very recently and has been reprimanded by me personally for his conduct. May I request that this not cloud your opinion about the experience of the Resort.

I am at the same time, grateful for your kind remarks of your over-all stay with us. Yes, I am fortunate to have a great team who go out of their way to deliver excellent service, with warmth and care. We do believe in our motto - laid back lifestyle - allowing the guests their space and still being there when needed.

I do look forward to having the three of you back with us for yet another wonderful experience with us.

Gandhidham, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2014

have visited here twice and always had an amazing experience... from staff, food, hospitality, management, decor, villas... everything is given perfection... only issue is its very hard to spot the way to the property as there are very limited sign boards.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur as your preferred vacation destination. We were indeed delighted to have your back and I am glad to read that you had another wonderful experience with us.

We have tried to place additional signs on the road and also requested the government administration to charge us a fee and allow us to put up signs. Neither do they grant the permission nor do they allow us to put up the board - they are taken down as soon as we place them. This is something beyond our control and I hope that it did not cause you too much of an inconvenience.

We look forward to having you back with us.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

What a peaceful place to stay. Set just outside Jaipur (15 mins drive), this is the perfect escape from the busy city life. With excellent food and a relaxing atmosphere, it is hard to leave the resort to go sight-seeing. We did the elephant village trip, the walking tour of the lovely surrounding village and we visited the local school....all guided by the wonderful resort manager (Amit). It was a holiday to remember forever. It was my birthday while I was there and Amit surprised me with a lovely birthday cake which just topped off the whole stay. Very happy and will definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: They all look good
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was indeed a pleasure for us to have you stay at the Tree of Life on your birthday and I so glad to read that the team made it special for you.

Yes, as you rightly said, there is much more to being at the Tree of Life than the regular sight-seeings and I am sure you did enjoy your time spent in our village and the school which we support. We do believe that it is always the small details which go towards creating that magical experience and thank you for your very kind words.

The team and I look forward to having you back with us in the not too distant future.

Himmat

Been to Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur? Share your experiences!