So, as you arrive at this resort, your first sight is a partially demolished villa in the corner of the property, however, there is no need to worry, this has been wrecked by the local government in a land dispute (only in India, the story sounds absurd) the rest of the resort is intact and well maintained.
The theme here is Indian luxury and it's delivery is not remotely subtle. The villas, which are generously equipped, well laid out and offer considerable privacy, are Disney does Rajasthan in Jaipur pink, with domes over the bathroom and bedroom, the latter of which is mauve inside and has theatrical lighting. The lawns have, for some reason been laid out in narrow strips alternating with cement pathways and there are lots of curves. Suffice to say this is no ashram.
If all the above sounds negative, it is unintentional, because the resort is actually a real winner. The staff are excellent and very helpful, the food is good, the pool area is very well thought through with wonderful views and our little garden, with a plunge pool, looking east to the hills was really lovely. The resort is isolated but not inaccessible (and there is some major development going on about 1 km to the west which may spoil the view a bit) Jaipur is half an hour away and Amer and the fort much less. On the downside, the wifi is painfully slow and the booze is expensive (but we did get stuck in).
All in all, this great little place comes highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your oasis of peace and harmony nestled in the Aravali Valley. Just 14 chic villas in 7 acres of land - some with private pool - with independent spaces of between 2.200 to 4,000 sq.ft. - large private lawns, separate living and bedroom, private outdoor couples spa, outdoor shower and sunken tub. Waking up to the sound of birds, your relaxed day can include spa treatments at the private outdoor spa in your villa, yoga, a walk to the welcoming village next door or the incredible experience of a meal with your elephant. Relax, unwind, be yourself – and plan your own pace. And, at a short distance, all the attractive sights and sounds of enchanting Jaipur - the 'pink city' of Rajasthan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Expedia so you can book your Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tree Of Life Resort And Spa, Jaipur
- Tree Of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur Hotel Kukas
- Tree Of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur India/Kookas