“Perfection” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Kookas
Gurgaon, India
“Perfection”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

"Perfection is lot of little things done well"
This quote by very famous chef just fits for this resort.
The food is amazing.
After a long time i had ghee on my chapati and loved everybit of it .
Pool is good but there is wee bit room for cleanliness.
Personalised chef service is an amazing concept.
Reaching there is a task specially last half a kilometer but this shortcoming is overshadowed once you enter the resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for appreciating our cuisine and services and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your Tree of Life experience.

Without wanting to make any excuse, the strong dust winds in the summer months do pose an extreme challenge for us to keep all the leaves and flower petals out of the water. You observation is well taken and it just means that we have to work harder on this aspect. I will certainly take it up with my team.

Yes, the last small bit to the resort is not a tar road. The irony is that the local authorities have been sitting on the file for the last 3 years doing nothing about it and I am not allowed to tar it as it is Government land! We are in constant touch with them and hope that it was not too much of an inconvenience for you.

We do look forward to having you back with us.

Himmat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I held our wedding at Tree of Life earlier this year. To really do the amazing job they did justice, I would have to write a 10 page essay, so instead I will summarise it by saying it surpassed all expectations! Everything from the accommodation, service by the staff, food, and amenities, was simply outstanding. What sets Tree of Life apart from other hotels is the attention to detail Himmat and his team have paid to everything, always going the extra mile to make sure their guests are as comfortable as possible. This made our stay truly remarkable.

You will not find a boutique hotel with this level of service, luxury, and peace (it's the most peaceful place I have ever been) anywhere in India! I highly recommend it to anyone who is looking to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life for a few days!

Room Tip: We have stayed in both Jacaranda and Champa and both are amazing. In my opinion the best room in the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear Guest,

To begin with, it was such a delight to have both of you, your family and close friends here with us at the Tree of Life to celebrate your very memorable occasion here. Thank you for your trust and confidence in us, which went a long way to motivate the team in delivering what they did.

We do take great pride in being small and handling functions like yours with a limited number of people. This allows us a high level of personalisation - as you have rightly mentioned. I am so happy that you and all your guests, some of whom have also written to us separately, had a great experience with us. Your post will be shared with my team members, who still talk very fondly of both of you.

We do look back to having you back again, should you ever come back to Jaipur.

Wishing you both a wonderful life ahead.

Jaipur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Firstly, to rch there is a bit a task. But once you get inside, its worth every bit of effort. The butler receives you at the entrance and escorts to the reception. Not much fuss at check-in and formalities r done promptly. Manager Manish pleasantly surprised us by upgrading our garden villa to a pool villa. This was delightful as we were celebrating our anniversary. The villa is huge and very tastefully done. You get a luxurious feel. There is a separate living room, bedroom, boxroom and toilet with shower cubicle. All overlooking the wonderful attached pool/garden. Service is excellent and prompt. Staff is extremely couteous & welcoming. Nice gym & spa. Although they lack sm indoor activities. Power bikes for cycling was fun which is complimentary. Food was alright but priced on higher side. We wr a bit annoyed wid few lizards in our villa which apparently enter thru fire place & ac ducts. Staff tried to shoo them away but they need to hv protective nets from these creatures as wives get petrified. But, overall a relaxing place to be for 1/2 nights. RECOMMENDED.

• Stayed May 2013
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Tree of Life Resort & Spa to celebrate your anniversary and for taking the time to share your experience with other travellers.

Yes, we do get many couples staying with us on their honeymoon or anniversary, enjoying the space and privacy that our resort offers. The Luxury Pool & Spa Villas are unique to Jaipur and in much demand with our guests.

I do apologise for the inconvenience caused by the lizards. The fire place ducts are covered with meshed wire and as the air conditioning units are free floor standing, I doubt they could have got in through there. We do have this problem in summers when they tend to get in if the Villa doors are left open and I will ask my staff to be more careful. I however do hope that this did not spoil an otherwise "fantastic" celebration.

We do look forward to having you back again with us.

India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

You are in for a rare treat staying at the Tree of Life Resort. When you review a resort like this, you feel like you could write a book. The details, cleanliness, care of staff, amazing food, beautiful accommodations - make you forget what may be slight hiccups or disturbances - and focus instead on the gratitude you have for this place existing. When you drive in from Delhi, you turn left into the premise, but turning right, you would see Le Meridien and Fairmont's first hotel in India - a real beauty - yet not for one second would I have traded my stays - regardless of price.

You may not realize when you book that Tree of Life is much more in a village outside of Jaipur than part of the city itself, but this, and many other aspects of the resort only add to its beauty. The whole experience is understated on their website, a refreshing and rare reality in and of itself. I could go on and on about this place, but for all intensive purposes - its essentially a personal resort - especially in down season. My family and I literally only saw other guests a few times in our 3 days there, it is so secluded (in a very good way), and personalized that you truly feel that the resort is running for you alone. I've never experienced anything close to this anywhere else, and I've been around. The only few downsides is that with this small personal feel, you can't expect someone to pick up your call to the front desk on the first ring (or 10th sometimes, or ever others), but everything else makes up for it. One other interesting note - we actually felt more privacy at the resort pool than we did at the outdoor shower/bath in our private area, as there were 2 little boys from a village home nearby always waving to greet us - I could hardly complain, but don't expect to have complete unrestricted privacy if staying on the far resort side - with the double room villas. But this with everything else, will not bother you much at all, as this whole place is great. One last thing to be aware of - is that this resort is very 'Hindu', with statues, scriptures, and a temple encompassing the entire premise. We are Christians and requested the chanting to be turned off during our dining experience, which they agreed to every time we asked, but just something to be aware of ahead of time.

The food is unbelievable, both the Indian and continental options, the accommodations are excellent, the service is top-notch. Overall, a place I'd recommend to nearly anyone!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

As some one who dreamt of this resort for some 25 years before making it happen, reviews like yours are indeed extremely valuable to me. I deeply appreciate the time you have taken to express your thoughts and experience after your recent stay with you.

I was always dissuaded by friends and well wishers when I chose this site - away from the city. However, I stuck to my belief that with Indian cities getting increasingly noisy and crowded, todays traveller wants to be close enough to 'activity' and yet get away from it all. We are ideally located - just 20 minutes from Amber Fort and 35 minutes from city centre.

Your observation on answering of the phone has been noted and I shall take it up with my colleagues at the Front Desk. We do mandate that the phone is answered within 3 rings.

Although summers are low season for us, you will anyway hardly see any one around in the Resort even if we are going rather full. With just 14 villas in 7 acres of land and such large private space in the Villas - we hardly see guests venturing out ! We do after all, promote space and quiet as our main offerings.

Thank you once again for all your kind words which I will share with my team. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope to have you back, should travel get you to Jaipur again.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

My third trip to The Tree of life in one year implies how much me and my entire family like this place.
We stayed in the same villa as we stayed last time, Champa. Both Champa and Jacranda are great villas.
I reached there to celebrate my anniversary and each one of the team assiting us in the resort wished us on our anniversary, small thing but shows how much they care.

We went there for just a night this time as we really wanted to relax and sped time with each other as a couple and the privacy in this resort is obviously the best feature.

The food is custom made as per your taste and surprise surprise, the manager Maneesh had gifted us our Lunch on our anniversary. This is very sweet of them as they had also arranged for a cake for us.

The staff is very courteous and food is great, i recommend Rajasthani food as its just fingerlicking good.

The entire place gives you a feeling of a lot of space.

love this place, visit it when you want to relax for a few days and hey choose the pool villas its worth it

Room Tip: Champa is great, well located has its own pool, right next to the spa
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure for the team and for me to have our guests come back to us and I am delighted to read that this is your third stay in a matter of one year.

Thank you ever so much for your kind words and appreciation, which I will certainly share with my wonderful team who make the 'magic' happen. Yes, it has always been my belief that at the end of the day it is the small gestures which add value to a guest and we do try and go that extra mile.

Our pool villas are always in great demand and are something very unique to Jaipur. We all look forward to having both of you back with us for another "Best getting Better" experience.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great place for a weekend break within driving distance from Delhi. The modernity within the traditional architecture that easily blends into the terrain. The villas give you sufficient privacy with open air spas in every room. Service is good, but not intrusive. The chef takes one2one orders and the food is excellent.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Coming from some one who is as well travelled as you are, I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Thank you for all your kind words and appreciation which I will share with my team. We do look forward to having you back again.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Well - it's of the higher price level but if you've decided for once to give yourself some luxuriousity in peace and quiet then go to Tree of Life Resort & Spa not far away from Jaipur. Check in to one of the roomy villas, wait for the top skilled chef de la cuisine to come to your door and choose from his exciting menu card - and perehaps enjoy the spa while waiting for dinner time at the circular restaurant.
The experience of Life of Tree will never die.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
treeoflifejaipur, Owner at Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

You have in a few lines, nicely summed up your Tree of Life experience and I am grateful for your sharing it with other travelers.

Yes, we have tried and I guess succeeded, in putting together all elements which contribute to the over-all positive guest experience : space; privacy; calm and serene surroundings;high quality cuisine;unobtrusive yet caring service - all of this, in the heart of nature !

Thank you for your appreciation and we do look forward to having you back with us, should travel bring you to Jaipur.

Himmat

Been to Tree of Life Resort & Spa, Jaipur? Share your experiences!