“Excellent Value, Clean and close to airport” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Auckland Airport Pacific Inn to your Saves list
Auckland Airport Pacific Inn
Auckland Airport Pacific Inn
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   210 Kirkbride Road | Auckland International Airport, Mangere, New Zealand   |
Ranked #18 of 23 hotels in Mangere
Perth, WA
“Excellent Value, Clean and close to airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2010

It had everything we wanted for our late night arrival at Auckland Airport. We were picked up promptly by the free shuttle service, greeted with a friendly smile and it was late, (past 11pm), at night. Offered a return trip to the airport next morning. No nonsense check-in, room was spotlessly clean, bed comfortable, great flat screen TV, shower / toilet all clean, plenty of hot water, tea / coffee. We would recommend to our friends, family and including our parents in their 70's. And definitely use again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Auckland, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I arrived at Auckland Airport at midnight and after reviewing the reviews I thought the Pacific Inn would be ideal for what I required. I arrived in a room where the bed feel on one side so i could only sleep in the middle. The Shower only provided cold water so I had to use another room's en-suite. The corridors were drab and the windows in the room were not safe. Needless to say I did not sleep well and wish I could of had a drink to get me to sleep sooner after a flight at that time of night! There are many more reputable airport hotels in the area and I would strongly recommend choosing one of those.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
wanganui
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

We stayed here en route to the UK - left early morning to catch our flight and I discovered I had left my handbag in the room. Our minibus driver very obligingly did an extra trip to retrieve it for me. The pickup on our return to NZ was at 2am and it went very smoothly - we were in bed by 3. The furnishings in the room were very comfortable - clean, well-maintained and very adequate. Would be very happy to stay here again. Rooms at the front have a glassed-in balcony which is a good traffic noise deterrent.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

I stayed in this facility coming from the South and before flying out to Aus.Very dedicated to pick up and drop off service to the airport and from the airport (free of charge).Ideal.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Salt Lake City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

The hotel was a basic hotel that was clean, close to the airport and had shuttle service. Keep in mind the hotel is old, like many in the area, so the place is worn. Our shuttle was on time to and from the airport. We called them from the airport and they picked us up in a few minutes. We only stayed one night. The hotel is in a safe area but if you're a single woman, keep in mind the main entrance to the room is a patio door. It was warm and the bed had a electric blanket. Also, bring your booking form because we had to show them that our rate included internet access.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

I chose this place for its proximity to the airport and pick-up/drop-off service since I had an early flight. Was picked up fairly promptly despite a small misunderstanding but was then completely ignored upon my arrival. (The girl from the front desk was sitting in the "lobby" playing on the guest computer but didn't bother to acknowledge me until I rang the bell on the front desk and was then very rude and treated me as though I was disturbing her evening!) The lobby/reception area smelled SO bad I was nearly ill, the smell appeared to be coming from the restaurant so I certainly didn't venture in there! The first room I was given had a large wide open window that was broken and not able to be closed or secured. Given that it was on the ground floor I wasn't prepared to accept that security risk and asked for another room which I was reluctantly given. This wasn't much better! There were several broken fittings, lights and only one power point so that heater couldn't be used at the same time as anything else and it was freezing! It made so much noise you'd never have slept with it on anyway.
I have to say the bed WAS comfortable and the linen appeared clean which was more than I could say for the room which was filthy. The windows had mould growing on them, there was a very thick layer of dust on everything and the cup had to be scrubbed before I could use it. There was no teaspoon and it was almost impossible to fill the kettle. The drapes were disgusting. The drop-off for the airport went well as arranged and was undertaken by a very pleasant staff member.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I spend 3 weeks a month in AKL and because my business is at the Airport I found the Pacific Inn to be the most convenient. I have tried other Hotels in the Airport area but none have compared, in value to the Pacific Inn.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

Been to Auckland Airport Pacific Inn? Share your experiences!