My wife and I stayed here on our last night in New Zealnd prior to flying home. This hotel is right across from the International Terminal at Auckland Airport. A ten minute walk and you are inside the terminal building. We were surprised to find out the hotel was two years old as it looks like it was only opened in the last six months. What surprised us was how quiet the rooms were. There was not an ounce of noise from outside, even though the airport runway is about 300 meters away. The windows are double glazed so this would be the main reason for the lack of noise.
A pleasant surprise was the bathroom featured a proper walk in shower and not one of the usual shower baths which I personally don't like. So this would appeal to older guests or those unsteady on their feet. Also as previously mentioned by another reviewer the frosted shower screen can be slid back and allows you watch the TV through the clear glass screen which backs onto the room itself. It's a quirky feature I have never encountered but we thought it was quite good. Other hotels we have stayed in have had a small TV screen in the bathroom itself but this was something different.
The hotel restaurant is open pretty much 24/7 although we only dined there for breakfast which was very good. The bar is well stocked and there is plenty of seating for those looking to have a quiet drink especially after a long flight. The rooms have their own minbar and there is an in room dining service.
The hotel would suite the business traveller and the holiday maker. Also businesses looking for conference facilities would be well catered for. A special mention for all the hotel staff who went out of their way for us. The service they provided was excellent.
Also there is a supermarket open 24/7 about a 10-15 minute walk from the hotel. The airport also has restaurants and other dining facilities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located beside Auckland International Terminal and 30 minutes to the city centre, Novotel Auckland Airport provides the perfect accommodation solution for guests travelling in and out of New Zealand. Combining the beauty of natural landscapes with cutting edge architectural design, this hotel features 263 elegant rooms and suites, theatre-style conference centre, 10 meeting rooms, a restaurant and bar plus a fully equipped gym. Parking available at airport, fee applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, EasyToBook, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Auckland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Auckland Airport Hotel Mangere
- Novotel Auckland Airport Mangere