Stayed in this hotel en route to French Polynesia. Location is excellent, just across from the arrivals terminal of the Auckland International Airport.
Hotel is very new and modern with great decor.
Got a superior room on the top floor at 50% discount being a member of Accor Advantage Plus during their global 50% off sale. This included free internet which is always a bonus.
Food in restaurant for dinner was fine. Breakfast buffet was great. Again 50% discount on food using the Accor Advantage Plus membership
My only issue, I discovered an extra credit card charge of $23.85 after I had finalised my account. Upon enquiring to the hotel, they said it was for mini-bar use and listed the items I apparently consumed. I replied that I did not consume any items from the mini bar, it was either an account mix up or not properly stocked prior to my arrival. Also, I told them at the time of checkout, that I did not use the mini-bar.
I'm not sure why or how this happened and I'm not sure if this happens at this hotel often, or if it has happened to others - certainly I did not comsume the mini bar items.
I'm wondering to myself, each time you check in to a hotel, should you count each and every item in the mini bar when you get into your room, to make sure all items are there? How do you protect against an account mixup or an error on re-stock, when this occurs generally after you've already left the hotel? Should you get the room service to come and verify with you that all items are present, and then again just on departure get the room service to do a final check with you, to prevent items being incorrectly charged against your account? Up until now, because I don't use the mini bar period, I generally don't take much notice of what is in the mini-bar, but after this incident, well I'm more inclined to get the list out and make sure it's all present. (even though what is on the list may not reflect what is actually supposed to be in the mini-bar ... eg. if a certain item is not available etc)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located beside Auckland International Terminal and 30 minutes to the city centre, Novotel Auckland Airport provides the perfect accommodation solution for guests travelling in and out of New Zealand. Combining the beauty of natural landscapes with cutting edge architectural design, this hotel features 263 elegant rooms and suites, theatre-style conference centre, 10 meeting rooms, a restaurant and bar plus a fully equipped gym. Parking available at airport, fee applies. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, EasyToBook and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Auckland Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Auckland Airport Hotel Mangere
- Novotel Auckland Airport Mangere