“Convenient hotel at the airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Auckland Airport

You added Novotel Auckland Airport to your Saves list
Novotel Auckland Airport
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Ray Emery Drive | Auckland International Airport, Mangere 2022, New Zealand   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
BEST PRICE GUARANTEE
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Mangere
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Melbourne, Australia
“Convenient hotel at the airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed one night at this hotel before we flew out early morning the next day. The hotel is very conveniently located opposite the hotel departure area. The room was great and it was done nicely. We did not eat at the restaurant and only had a night cap. We ordered a glass of wine and a cocktail. There was a need to improve the taste of the cocktail.
The service was good and check out time was really fast.
Parking was very expensive based on their quote. We ended up booking airport long term parking over the internet and not using the hotel's service.

Based on this points, we still think that the hotel is very conveniently located at the Auckland airport and we will use the service again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (335)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2011

We stayed 3 nights flights got cancelled.
No Sky/ TV guides or Hotel information in the rooms only Dinning in Menu.
3 people told me we would be sent up the TV guide, after 24 hours and a 4th person I was told they did not have any. No airport flight times on TV in rooms just one at reception.
Only left 1 towel to share after the 1st night. ordered a cappuccino got a hot chocolate.
we could hear people walking around in the middle of the night not sure be maybe the room above us. Parking $35 no self park.
Internet very expensive 60mb for $20. breakfast $28 for a continental or $32 for buffet. One last thing beware of the revolving door at the main entrance we witnessed one gentleman smash into the outside, its very hard to see the glass surround, he was knocked out lying on the ground cuts to his head, another lady nearly was caught between the door and the surround someone stop her walking into it.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
FOMNovotelAKLAirport, Front Office Manager at Novotel Auckland Airport, responded to this review, June 20, 2011
Dear Megabby

Many thanks for taking the time in posting a review of our Hotel. I am alarmed to learn you have experienced difficulties with some of our team members during your three night stay with us. Can I firstly apologise for any inconvenience caused as It is disappointing to read that we have not been able to provide the high level of service we strive for. All of the highlighted issues have been discussed with the Team and re-training has been scheduled.

I would also like to take this opportunity to clarify some concerns raised by you:

- Hotel information: is available on the TV screen, this is as part of our environmental commitment in order to reduce printing and paper usage.
- Valet parking: we offer valet parking at $35 for the first night, the nightly cost reduces if you are staying two nights or more. I will gladly look into adjusting this for you if you have been incorrectly charged.
- We have a variety of internet connection offers - complimentary i-Mac computers & wireless connectivity in our lobby for up to 30minutes (8MB) per day per room, in-room wireless or broadband - 24hours (300MB) for $29.90.
- Guest incident: I am glad to report that the gentleman in question is well and has returned to his home country. Because of this incident we have arranged to install larger, brighter glass transfers to minimise such an incident being repeated.

Thank you once again for taking the time in posting your feedback.

Warm Regards

Mathieu Le Besq
Front Office Manager
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

The room as nicely layed out
TV large size, hotel common areas very modern nice
The best part is right across from the airport
btw (you will need it cause NZ does not seem to have any web check in service, you really need to be there 2 hrs before for international if you don't want to see any the back of the plane, given you are in first or business class)

The service was ordinary, the attendants would end their shift in the middle of check process, not particular professional feel, except for the hardware surroundings
The web site is miss leading and on occasion I was booked into the hotel with day rate via web site, received email then saying it was day rate, then even though a phone call to hotel assured me it was for over night, the price went up by 25% when I arrived.

Air conditioner does not turn off, has a Max of 22C, so I woke up with a very dry feeling.
Also the curtains did not slide over 100% so, you don't need a night light to get to the bathroom. Also if you use the TV, there is a limit on the volume which is not excessively loud, you better sit close to the TV, or use wire heading phones.

I did submit my dissatisfaction on the card provided, but yet to have receive a reply. I would recommend my second choice not far down the road or some where else, think it was Bella vista something ...

Dear Adminate,

Many thanks for taking the time in posting a review of our Hotel, I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed your room’s layout & the hotel in general.

It is disappointing that we have not been able to provide the high level of service we strive for. I have communicated your review to all Managers for immediate action within their departments.

With regards to our website, I have reviewed the current on-line information and found that it is clearly indicated that you have selected a “Day rate”. I do however regret that your phone call to the hotel was not sufficient to resolve the misunderstanding. I will gladly look into this further if you wish to email me details of your booking directly – I am contactable on H7485-fo01@accor.com

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the near future,

Warm Regards,

Mathieu Le Besq
Front Office Manager
Wellington, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Hotel is very new and modern. Rooms are small but quite OK for a night. Only point I find outrageous is the NZ$ 29 charge for Internet per 24 h…. BUT it gives you only 300 MB…. Whilst this price is somewhat international standard for 24 h Internet fee it is unacceptable to limit to only 300 MB… after that it is either reeeealy slow… or another $0.10 per MB…

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to Novotel Auckland Airport? Share your experiences!