“Don't go !!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Kastrup
Mount Dora, Florida
“Don't go !!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I will start with a positive. Near the train station for quick ride Into Copenhagen.
We booked three rooms. all were to be non smoking, but clearly. Myroom had housed a smoker.
At checkin we were greeted by a rude receptionist who clearing had not been trained in customer service. The rooms were spartan but then this was a economy hotel. having sent a picture of the bathroom and room a friend described it as looking like "an upscale prison cell".

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Christopher V, General Manager at Copenhagen Go Hotel, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Dear racwik

We have 8 adjucent rooms where you are allowed to smoke, and non smoking room is always on request. On this occassion we were not able to honnor this and we apologise for this.

Our concept is small rooms and thus bathrooms for a budget price.

You are welcome to contact us directly regarding our staff eperience.

Best regards

Copenhagen Go Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

We were touring Scandinavia and CPH was our first stop. Due to very expensive hotels I decided to come up with some money saving strategy which worked out pretty well. On our last night on every leg of our trip, we decided to just stay close to the airport since our flight was going to leave early the next day. That saves us time, money and the stress of rushing to get to our flights. We would check out the city hotel a day before our flight but leave our luggage and still roam in the city, have dinner, get our luggage and arrive in our airport hotel by 10 pm just to sleep and get up at 6 am.

We paid $92 for this hotel so we saved $120 since the hotels in the city center are 200+. This hotel is so convenient. You take the train towards the airport and get off at Taarnby and the moment you leave the station, turn right and its right there. Theres one tricky thing though, if you take the train, the train going to the airport does not stop at Taarny I dont know why, it went straight to the airport. When you get to the aiport, you just go the other side of the tracks and its one stop away. The next day, you walk to the station, take the train and you can be in the airport in 20 mins if you time it right from the moment you walk out of the hotel. No stress and you save money.

I would not compare this to your typical american airport hotels like marriot, hilton, etc. Dont expect that, if you want that then pay an additional $100. From the outside it looks like a house but when you go inside you will see that it has a big space. 2 floors with long hallways. I agree with one of the reviewers that the hallways are wider than the width of the rooms.

When you walk in the room, its very basic but very clean. Thats really what matters to me. No funky smell, no dusty feel, etc. The room has a TV and thats it. I cant remember if it had a blowdryer. The rooms dont have AC so keep that in mind during summer time. We went there and it was unseasonably warm but it cooled down at night. We opened the small window and felt very comfortable. I was very surprised, I did not have to use my earplugs here. I thought it was going to be noisy but it wasnt. Light sleepers, beware, make sure you choose your rooms carefully otherwise I can see how it can be noisy. The nice guy in the front desk said that our rooms is going to be the farthest and on the second floor and i said that if that would mean quiet, I would walk 5 mins to get there :) So choose second floor and the farthest that the hallway can take you and it will be quiet unless you have a loud neighbor next door.

When you check in they would ask if you want to avail of breakfast, we didnt, I dont think its worth it, we just bought food in the airport. They also have free wifi and it worked pretty well.

The bathroom was small and kinda dark. You just really use it to do your thing and shower. I cant do my makeup in that bathroom. The towels were ok, the water pressure great, it had soap and thats it It was functional and clean. The basic needs are met by it.

The bed was ok, it wasnt uncomfortable nor was it heavenly. I had a good night sleep in this motel. I would go back and use this in a heartbeat for the same objective that we used this for and for the price as well

Room Tip: 2nd floor as far away as you can go from the elevator
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear AlexRobin

Thank you for sharing your expeirence it was interesting reading.

Kindly note that the train do stop at Tårnby station, but there can be direct lines to the Airport. A good idea is to check www.rejseplanen.dk when planning the trip.

A croisant and coffee in the airport can do the it for some, but the wide selection we offer at only DKK 69 pp we hope our guests finds a good value proposition.

Look forward to welcome you back on another occasion

Kind Regards

Copenhagen go Hotel
Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I arrived in Copenhagen from New Zealand at 2000 and was leaving the next morning at 0800 so this was just perfect. Great transit location, lovely staff, ok restaurants nearby. The hotel will keep luggage if you need to store it which could be a great bonus. Standard room, but I had booked by budget. A great place and just what we needed!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Christopher V, Manager at Copenhagen Go Hotel, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Dear Flying_kiwi120

Thanks for your positive response and for sharing your experience.

We wish you and your family a great súmmer

Yours sincerely

Oulu, Finland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

The room was exactly what I needed for one night: small but comfortable, squeaky clean and no extraneous clutter. Unfortunately, the corridor outside my room was much wider than the room, completely bare, and led from reception to all the other rooms - an echo chamber for every loud drunk staggering into the place. I was kept awake till 0130 and then woken again at 0600 when they all started tramping to breakfast. I'd consider staying here again only if I could be guaranteed a room in a quieter part of the hotel, but would likely just book elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Don't get a room anywhere near reception
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Hedal2, Hotel Management at Copenhagen Go Hotel, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Ed D

Thank you for your latest review, we appreciate guest feedback.

Last weekend, guests staying at the Copenhagen Go Hotel had different purposes; wedding, boxing in the International arena and the CPH Marathon and some whithout doubt have been cheerfull comming back.

As you suggest, a request for a quiet room is always an option and we will do our very best to accommodate this.

We hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Hotel Management
Melhus
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Very handy when you have to stay overnight in Copenhagen before moving on. The surroundings were quiet and the room clean but stripped down to the basic needs, that is a clean bed and a shower in the morning.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Christopher V, General Manager at Copenhagen Go Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thanks for sharing your experience and hope to see you back in 2014

BR

Cph Go Hotel
Tiskre
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I arrived earlier than planned and hoped for an eary check-in, that was not possible. When I came back 45min prior the official check-in time the receptionist roled her eyes and said - you are still too early. I did not say that I have to get a room, I was just hoping to get one otherwise I could have just stayed in their lobby. Lobby is actually the only very nice place in the hotel. I got a tiny one persons room, that stinked terribly - first thing I did was open the window. The room smelled of cigarettes, even thoug it was a non-smoking room?! Sheets were changed, but filled with probably cleaning-ladys hair. The wires on the wall where sticking out and definately not secured. Bathroom was a "closet", tiny, shower-curtin had bogies on it, toilet seat was lose and not made for this toilet.
Internet was provided, but did not work. Breakfast definately not worth the extra money. Perfect distance from the airport, but unfortunately no other pros.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Laholm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

We had too catch an early flight and checked fore hotels near Kastrup. We found this and it was perfect. Very close too the airport and cheap. We got a very small room but it was clean and had it own bathroom. But sufficent. We will probably stay there the next time we ave a early flight.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Copenhagen Go Hotel? Share your experiences!