“Clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge

Save Saved
You added Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge to your Saves list
Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   166 Urraween Road, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655, Australia   |
Special Offer
WHALE WATCHING Packages
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Hervey Bay
Brisbane, Australia
“Clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The room was very clean, the beds were very comfortable and the shower was gorgeously hot and generous. We were welcomed by a lovely man at the front desk who was happy to offer shopping, dining and sightseeing recommendations which were all spot on, as were the driving directions we were given. The motel is quiet and peaceful. The gardens are gorgeous. I highly recommend the Emeraldene Inn.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Hi Marie,

Thanks so much for your awesome review. We pride ourselves on our cleanliness, service and value, and I am pleased we delivered on all counts! I am also glad we hit the mark with our suggestions of things to do in the region, and I am sure I can come up with some new adventures for your next visit!

It certainly was a pleasure having you with us, and I do hope we see you again in the future.

Rob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Booked 2 superior suits as travelling with teenagers. Queen, single. Large, modern comfortable units. Bonus kitchenette with microwave. Dining suite & sofa. Wi fi. Terrace with outdoor setting at one end of the suite. Nice for a drink, leafy outlook. Quiet. Good value. A bit out of the way, but easy access to everything with a car. Shopping centre close by. Tours organised. Roadworks outside at the moment, but no drama, soon to end. Would stay again. Pool & BBQ.

Room Tip: Superior units include free wifi, otherwise pay. Only 14 units all up so homely.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Hi justcarols,

Thanks for your review and kind appraisals. I am really pleased you enjoyed our Superior Suites and quiet garden setting! The Superior Suites are our best rooms, and are excellent value as only a few dollars more than the Deluxe Suites for a 3 night stay.

We do hope you get the opportunity to visit the region again, and I would be thrilled to have you stay with us.

Regards,

Stratford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Emeraldene Inn in March. Rob, the owner, was a great help in planning our trip in the Hervey Bay area. We are from Canada and have never been to Australia before. Rob was invaluable in helping us decide the tours to take while in Hervey Bay. He also helped us immensely with getting around and seeing the sights in Hervey Bay as well as recommending restaurants. The motel rooms were very clean and had comfortable beds and we had the upgraded room with wifi. The Fraser Island and Lady Elliot Island were fantastic tours. We did the 2 day tours for both places. We wished we could have stayed longer so we could have enjoyed the area longer. We will definitely stay at Emeraldene Inn again. This whole area was THE highlight of our 7 week trip. We will definitely be back. We hope we can come during the whale watching season. Thanks so much Rob!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
Hi Laurie and Bill,

Thanks for your great review! I am thrilled you enjoyed our Superior King rooms, and also our extremely popular Eco-Adventure Package! Fraser Island and Lady Elliot Island are amazing destinations, and I am so pleased you enjoyed the adventures we organised for you.

You did manage to squeeze a lot into 5 days, but I have so much more to show you in the region (including the whales), so I look forward to another visit in the future!

Byron Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My partner and I were lucky enough to stay here for 7 nights after a last minute booking! The owner Rob was friendly and very accommodating. The room was huge, bed comfy and apartment was cleaned on a daily basis. Couldn't have been happier. Will definitely stay again when in Hervey Bay.

Room Tip: Go for the superior suite with wifi access. You get your room cleaned daily + lovely plunger coffee...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hi Dom,

Thanks heaps for an awesome review!

It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and I am thrilled you enjoyed our Superior Suites.

These are awesome rooms, with (as you mentioned) free wifi, plunger coffee and bottled water, in addition to the high quality furnishings. Discounted rates for 3 or 7 night stays make these only $13 (3 nights) or $10 (7 nights) more than our standard Deluxe Rooms ... certainly the best value!

I have just completed a new large garden bed outside the Superior Rooms, adding to the already tropical feel and surrounds!! I hope you get the opportunity to visit us and enjoy again soon.

Thanks and best regards,

Stroud
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We booked this accommodation from the Uk. We e mailed first leaving a contact number and the owner Rob despite the time difference rang us back - brilliant service . We stayed the night before Fraser Island trip as a 3 and returned as. 5 ( extra family ) left for Lady Elliott came back as 5 and last night as a 3 ! And none of this was any bother to Rob who was great. Our luggage was stored whilst we were away taking away the extra worry.
A font of information on diving shopping eating out you name it and always friendly and happy to please. The accommodation was some of the best whilst in Australia but by far not the most expensive. Had 2 different rooms whilst we were there and both good
Good location , clean well equipped comfortable rooms . Would recommend this to anyone and worth mentioning Robs blog well worth a read.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi TC,

I really appreciate your positive sentiments, and I am so glad that we were able to assist with your planning and family get-together whilst here!

We are passionate about ensuring visitors get to experience the best of our amazing region and attractions, and I am thrilled we were able to assist you with that planning, and that you had a great time whilst you were with us.

Thanks for mentioning my blog (which can be found on our website), where I have tried to pack as much useful travel information and helpful planning info about our region as possible! It's the place where I try to share my knowledge about the region, tours and attractions to ensure everyone can squeeze as much into their Fraser Coast adventure as possible! It's great to know that you appreciated the tips and suggestions.

I do hope you get an opportunity to visit us again (maybe to see the whales some day) - we would certainly love to have you with us.

Bellinzona, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Pros:
- big room
- big bathroom
- very clean
- wi-fi that works (we purchased it but at the and we didn't have to pay it)
- syper friendly staff with plenty of advices
- great value
- free parking

Cons:
- not on the beach (just because I had to write something)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Hi Nina,

Thanks for your great review!

We are obsessively focussed on cleanliness, value and "second to none" service - so I am so pleased we ticked all those boxes for your stay.

If you are ever travelling in our region again we would love to see you.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My mother and I stayed here while on a road trip. The first thing I noticed was the lovely green lush gardens. We then met the staff who were really friendly and helpful. They suggested we leave our bags and car there while we visited Fraser Island overnight. The accommodation itself was clean and had everything that you'd expect to find. It was comfortable and quite spacious. If in that direction again I'd definitely stay there again...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi Hickeyta,

Thanks for your review and positive comments.

We have many guests that travel to Fraser Island for a 2 day tour (either booked through us as a package, or independently). We are more than happy to look after vehicles and excess possessions whilst our guests are away on the island (free of charge).

If occupancy allows, we allow guests to keep the same room whilst they are away (no need to check out and check in again) at no extra charge!

I'm thrilled you enjoyed your time on the island and also with us. I look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to the Bay.

All the best,

Rob

Been to Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge? Share your experiences!