“Excellent stay in our own little rainforest...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge

Save Saved
You added Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge to your Saves list
Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   166 Urraween Road, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655, Australia   |
Special Offer
WHALE WATCHING Packages
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Hervey Bay
Byron Bay, Australia
“Excellent stay in our own little rainforest...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

My partner and I were lucky enough to stay here for 7 nights after a last minute booking! The owner Rob was friendly and very accommodating. The room was huge, bed comfy and apartment was cleaned on a daily basis. Couldn't have been happier. Will definitely stay again when in Hervey Bay.

Room Tip: Go for the superior suite with wifi access. You get your room cleaned daily + lovely plunger coffee...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hi Dom,

Thanks heaps for an awesome review!

It was a pleasure having you stay with us, and I am thrilled you enjoyed our Superior Suites.

These are awesome rooms, with (as you mentioned) free wifi, plunger coffee and bottled water, in addition to the high quality furnishings. Discounted rates for 3 or 7 night stays make these only $13 (3 nights) or $10 (7 nights) more than our standard Deluxe Rooms ... certainly the best value!

I have just completed a new large garden bed outside the Superior Rooms, adding to the already tropical feel and surrounds!! I hope you get the opportunity to visit us and enjoy again soon.

Thanks and best regards,

Rob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Stroud
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

We booked this accommodation from the Uk. We e mailed first leaving a contact number and the owner Rob despite the time difference rang us back - brilliant service . We stayed the night before Fraser Island trip as a 3 and returned as. 5 ( extra family ) left for Lady Elliott came back as 5 and last night as a 3 ! And none of this was any bother to Rob who was great. Our luggage was stored whilst we were away taking away the extra worry.
A font of information on diving shopping eating out you name it and always friendly and happy to please. The accommodation was some of the best whilst in Australia but by far not the most expensive. Had 2 different rooms whilst we were there and both good
Good location , clean well equipped comfortable rooms . Would recommend this to anyone and worth mentioning Robs blog well worth a read.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hi TC,

I really appreciate your positive sentiments, and I am so glad that we were able to assist with your planning and family get-together whilst here!

We are passionate about ensuring visitors get to experience the best of our amazing region and attractions, and I am thrilled we were able to assist you with that planning, and that you had a great time whilst you were with us.

Thanks for mentioning my blog (which can be found on our website), where I have tried to pack as much useful travel information and helpful planning info about our region as possible! It's the place where I try to share my knowledge about the region, tours and attractions to ensure everyone can squeeze as much into their Fraser Coast adventure as possible! It's great to know that you appreciated the tips and suggestions.

I do hope you get an opportunity to visit us again (maybe to see the whales some day) - we would certainly love to have you with us.

Best regards,

Bellinzona, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Pros:
- big room
- big bathroom
- very clean
- wi-fi that works (we purchased it but at the and we didn't have to pay it)
- syper friendly staff with plenty of advices
- great value
- free parking

Cons:
- not on the beach (just because I had to write something)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Hi Nina,

Thanks for your great review!

We are obsessively focussed on cleanliness, value and "second to none" service - so I am so pleased we ticked all those boxes for your stay.

If you are ever travelling in our region again we would love to see you.

Best regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My mother and I stayed here while on a road trip. The first thing I noticed was the lovely green lush gardens. We then met the staff who were really friendly and helpful. They suggested we leave our bags and car there while we visited Fraser Island overnight. The accommodation itself was clean and had everything that you'd expect to find. It was comfortable and quite spacious. If in that direction again I'd definitely stay there again...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi Hickeyta,

Thanks for your review and positive comments.

We have many guests that travel to Fraser Island for a 2 day tour (either booked through us as a package, or independently). We are more than happy to look after vehicles and excess possessions whilst our guests are away on the island (free of charge).

If occupancy allows, we allow guests to keep the same room whilst they are away (no need to check out and check in again) at no extra charge!

I'm thrilled you enjoyed your time on the island and also with us. I look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to the Bay.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My two sisters and I stayed at Emeraldene Inn for four nights in late March. We enjoyed our stay completely. The room was very pleasant, quiet, and well appointed. The grounds are a tropical paradise. The pool, the BBQ, the parking all excellent. The Inn is just off the main road into Hervey Bay and within a close drive to the town centre and access to the airport and Fraser Island. The Inn's major asset it the manager Rob. Rob was from the first moment I spoke to him on the phone from Canada was most helpful in organizing our tours to Fraser Island and Lady Elliot Island. Both trips were most enjoyable and went off without a hitch. Rob gave us our room for free while we overnighted on Fraser. We mislaid a backpack at Brisbane Car Rental. Rob phoned East Side Rentals and ensured that we retrieved our luggage. Rob is the perfect host.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hi Elna,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your time with us.

It was certainly a pleasure having you with us, and I am so glad we managed to track down your lost luggage!!!!

I was very pleased to be able to help you organise your whole tour package in the region, and it was great that you ticked all the boxes with your Lady Elliot and Fraser trips. You just need to come back now to see the whales!!!!

Thanks also for your great advice for destinations in Canada! I look forward to enjoying your recommendations on my next trip to your part of the world.

All the best and happy travels for your next adventures.

Regards,

Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Emeraldene is an oasis of peace and tranquillity located in a beautifully maintained tropical garden. We loved it from the minute we drove in and the warm friendly welcome we received from Rob just confirmed what a perfect choice we had made.

Our room was large, immaculate and well equipped. It also had a lovely patio area where we could sit and enjoy the garden and the wonderful variety of bird life.

Fortunately, our trip was flexible so after chatting with Rob we decided to extend our stay from two to four nights. Without Rob’s local knowledge we would have missed so much. He arranged trips for us to Fraser Island and Lady Eliot Island, taking time to understand what we liked and helping us to choose the trips which would suit us best.

Rob was away for a couple of days so we also had the pleasure of meeting his Dad, Alan who like Rob was always friendly and helpful. Most importantly I must not forget the warm welcome we received from the Head of Customer Relations, Jess (Rob’s Australian sheepdog)

Of all the places we stayed during our 5 weeks travelling around Australia this was our overall favourite. Yes we loved the location and the room but for us what really sets this place apart is Rob, Alan and of course Jess.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Kipper,

Thanks for such a wonderful review! I am so pleased we were able to help you enjoy the best aspects of our fantastic region, and also that you appreciated the true Australian hospitality we offer to all our visitors!!

Dad and Jess also appreciate your sentiments, as being a family owned and run business, on the occasions I am away, they step in with equal passion and knowledge to ensure our guests are always well looked after!

It was certainly a pleasure having you stay with us, and if you are ever back in Australia we would love to see you again.

Rob, Alan & Jess
Hindhead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

What a find for us. Headed for Fraser Island and needed a room for one night. Emeraldene was just off the highway. As soon as we turned in the drive we knew we had made the right choice. Rob (the owner) gave us an excellent welcome, was very happy to show us the rooms before we booked in. Rob was also a mine of information on Fraser, worth the $5.00 for the wifi connection to read his blogs on Fraser and other Hervey Bay topics. Pool was wonderfully refreshing. Rooms very clean and very well equipped. Bird life was fantastic amongst all the sub tropical planting. We booked rooms for our return night from Fraser and once again we're not disappointed. All in all any excellent motel. A car is a useful as it is in a quiet part of town.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hi Malcolm,

Thanks so much for a great review. It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us before and after your Fraser Island adventure.

I am so pleased you found great value in my blog. I am extremely passionate about our region and the great natural assets we have at our doorstep, and I am devoted to ensuring our visitors get the most from their time on the Fraser Coast. I have spent a lot of time sharing all my inside knowledge of the region via my blog (which can be found on my website).

I'm glad you had an awesome self-drive of the island, and hope you get a chance to come back and experience some of the other great natural experiences we have on offer in Hervey Bay.

Rob

Been to Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge? Share your experiences!