“Great value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge

Save Saved
You added Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge to your Saves list
Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   166 Urraween Road, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655, Australia   |
Special Offer
WHALE WATCHING Packages
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Hervey Bay
Bellinzona, Switzerland
“Great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Pros:
- big room
- big bathroom
- very clean
- wi-fi that works (we purchased it but at the and we didn't have to pay it)
- syper friendly staff with plenty of advices
- great value
- free parking

Cons:
- not on the beach (just because I had to write something)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Hi Nina,

Thanks for your great review!

We are obsessively focussed on cleanliness, value and "second to none" service - so I am so pleased we ticked all those boxes for your stay.

If you are ever travelling in our region again we would love to see you.

Best regards,

Rob

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My mother and I stayed here while on a road trip. The first thing I noticed was the lovely green lush gardens. We then met the staff who were really friendly and helpful. They suggested we leave our bags and car there while we visited Fraser Island overnight. The accommodation itself was clean and had everything that you'd expect to find. It was comfortable and quite spacious. If in that direction again I'd definitely stay there again...

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hi Hickeyta,

Thanks for your review and positive comments.

We have many guests that travel to Fraser Island for a 2 day tour (either booked through us as a package, or independently). We are more than happy to look after vehicles and excess possessions whilst our guests are away on the island (free of charge).

If occupancy allows, we allow guests to keep the same room whilst they are away (no need to check out and check in again) at no extra charge!

I'm thrilled you enjoyed your time on the island and also with us. I look forward to welcoming you on your next trip to the Bay.

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My two sisters and I stayed at Emeraldene Inn for four nights in late March. We enjoyed our stay completely. The room was very pleasant, quiet, and well appointed. The grounds are a tropical paradise. The pool, the BBQ, the parking all excellent. The Inn is just off the main road into Hervey Bay and within a close drive to the town centre and access to the airport and Fraser Island. The Inn's major asset it the manager Rob. Rob was from the first moment I spoke to him on the phone from Canada was most helpful in organizing our tours to Fraser Island and Lady Elliot Island. Both trips were most enjoyable and went off without a hitch. Rob gave us our room for free while we overnighted on Fraser. We mislaid a backpack at Brisbane Car Rental. Rob phoned East Side Rentals and ensured that we retrieved our luggage. Rob is the perfect host.

Room Tip: Our room was perfect.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hi Elna,

Thanks so much for taking the time to review your time with us.

It was certainly a pleasure having you with us, and I am so glad we managed to track down your lost luggage!!!!

I was very pleased to be able to help you organise your whole tour package in the region, and it was great that you ticked all the boxes with your Lady Elliot and Fraser trips. You just need to come back now to see the whales!!!!

Thanks also for your great advice for destinations in Canada! I look forward to enjoying your recommendations on my next trip to your part of the world.

All the best and happy travels for your next adventures.

Regards,

Kent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Emeraldene is an oasis of peace and tranquillity located in a beautifully maintained tropical garden. We loved it from the minute we drove in and the warm friendly welcome we received from Rob just confirmed what a perfect choice we had made.

Our room was large, immaculate and well equipped. It also had a lovely patio area where we could sit and enjoy the garden and the wonderful variety of bird life.

Fortunately, our trip was flexible so after chatting with Rob we decided to extend our stay from two to four nights. Without Rob’s local knowledge we would have missed so much. He arranged trips for us to Fraser Island and Lady Eliot Island, taking time to understand what we liked and helping us to choose the trips which would suit us best.

Rob was away for a couple of days so we also had the pleasure of meeting his Dad, Alan who like Rob was always friendly and helpful. Most importantly I must not forget the warm welcome we received from the Head of Customer Relations, Jess (Rob’s Australian sheepdog)

Of all the places we stayed during our 5 weeks travelling around Australia this was our overall favourite. Yes we loved the location and the room but for us what really sets this place apart is Rob, Alan and of course Jess.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Hi Kipper,

Thanks for such a wonderful review! I am so pleased we were able to help you enjoy the best aspects of our fantastic region, and also that you appreciated the true Australian hospitality we offer to all our visitors!!

Dad and Jess also appreciate your sentiments, as being a family owned and run business, on the occasions I am away, they step in with equal passion and knowledge to ensure our guests are always well looked after!

It was certainly a pleasure having you stay with us, and if you are ever back in Australia we would love to see you again.

Rob, Alan & Jess
Hindhead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

What a find for us. Headed for Fraser Island and needed a room for one night. Emeraldene was just off the highway. As soon as we turned in the drive we knew we had made the right choice. Rob (the owner) gave us an excellent welcome, was very happy to show us the rooms before we booked in. Rob was also a mine of information on Fraser, worth the $5.00 for the wifi connection to read his blogs on Fraser and other Hervey Bay topics. Pool was wonderfully refreshing. Rooms very clean and very well equipped. Bird life was fantastic amongst all the sub tropical planting. We booked rooms for our return night from Fraser and once again we're not disappointed. All in all any excellent motel. A car is a useful as it is in a quiet part of town.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Hi Malcolm,

Thanks so much for a great review. It was indeed a pleasure having you stay with us before and after your Fraser Island adventure.

I am so pleased you found great value in my blog. I am extremely passionate about our region and the great natural assets we have at our doorstep, and I am devoted to ensuring our visitors get the most from their time on the Fraser Coast. I have spent a lot of time sharing all my inside knowledge of the region via my blog (which can be found on my website).

I'm glad you had an awesome self-drive of the island, and hope you get a chance to come back and experience some of the other great natural experiences we have on offer in Hervey Bay.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed for only 1 night but wish we could have stayed longer.Not just he provided an affordable, very spacious, very clean and neat room, he also showed us on the map where to go what to see in that short time.and those places he recommended were TRULY awesome! He also organised a day tour to Lady Elliot island for us and recommended some other great spots we wish we could have visited but ran out of time. never mind, plenty of reasons to go back for a longer stay next time.

• Stayed February 2014
Hi Olisyd,

Thanks so much for your great review and kind words.

We not only aim to provide immaculately clean, well equipped, large rooms and unequalled service, but ALSO the best possible value in the process. I'm glad you enjoyed staying with us and also all my recommendations.

I have a lot more great suggestions of things to do and see and places to eat, so I look forward to seeing you again for that longer stay you have promised!!

Hopefully we will see you again soon.

Cheers,

Arles, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

in an oasis of green with lots of birds, outside the city in an nowhere area. you need a car to get to the beach or into the city. not much daylight in the rooms due to the trees, it's a bit like living in the rainforest.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hi be f,

Thanks for your review. I am thrilled you enjoyed our immaculately clean rooms and our friendly care and service.

You are right, we have a very tropical and quiet rainforest setting that attracts a LOT of native birds and wildlife. Our rooms are surrounded by shady trees and landscaped gardens that ensures that we have a wonderfully cool setting during the hot summer months.

All rooms have a front and back entrance (with security insect screens) that allows a lot of light through the large sliding doors out onto the balcony.

Room tip : for extra bright rooms, the end rooms (#1, #12) have extra external windows!

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Australia, and it would be wonderful to see you again in the future.

Regards,

Rob

Been to Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge? Share your experiences!