“Peaceful Haven” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge

Save Saved
You added Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge to your Saves list
Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge
3.5 of 5 Motel   |   166 Urraween Road, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
WHALE WATCHING Packages
Ranked #4 of 23 hotels in Hervey Bay
Newcastle, Australia
“Peaceful Haven”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I really enjoyed my time at Emeraldene, lovely spacious room with front and back door to let the breeze flow through. I didn't use the air-conditioner as there was a ceiling fan which I preferred anyway. They came in everyday to tidy up and restock items. I will be staying here again in the future as it is very close to the hospital and nursing home where my mother resides. We had a ferocious storm while I was there, nothing leaked and I felt very safe. You do hear the road sometimes but it didn't stop me getting a good sleep through the day and at night. I was in unit 7 and never heard the neighbours either side at all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Hi Luvenyas,

Thank-you for taking the time to review our property. I am thrilled you enjoyed our Superior Suites and our peaceful (and safe!) surrounds.

We are passionate about ensuring our guests have the best possible stay with us, and we are one of the few properties in the region that have housekeepers service our rooms daily.

Our rooms are built with double clay brick, so there is approx. 7 inches of clay brick walls between rooms - very well insulated from the elements and from noise externally and between rooms.

I look forward to welcoming you the next time you are up to visit your family.

153 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Napier, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We stayed here for a few nights in November 2013, initially in a Superior room and then a 1 bed apartment. The rooms were good and the owner, Rob, was very helpful. The surroundings within the hotel are very good heaps of trees and bird life but it is spoilt by the noise of the busy road just outside the hotel. There are also long term large road works going on outside and these start early increasing the noise.
If you haven't got a car or transport then this place will be too far away from anything in Hervey Bay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi PatnPete,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review.

I am thrilled you enjoyed our great rooms, customer service, facilities, natural surrounds and amazing birdlife. I am sorry that you were disturbed by some road noise during your stay.

There has been a lot of construction activity within Hervey Bay, with approx. 8 km of road upgrades, a new water main, and a new private hospital being built nearby. This resulted in an increase in traffic (during the day) during your stay.

The main works in front of our property (a new water main and storm drainage) have now been completed. We would love to have you back so you can see that we are, in fact, located in one of the quietest suburbs of Hervey Bay.

In regards to having transport - Hervey Bay is a very spread out town, 17km from one end to the other, so it doesn't matter where you stay in Hervey Bay, a vehicle / transport will be an asset.

We would love to see you on a future visit.

Regards,

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

No complaints whatsoever, I am used to staying in well known hotel chains and staying here was quite refreshing! I didn't feel like just another hotel guest and rob, the owner was so helpful and friendly, he went out of his way to make sure our stay was a good one :) I would definitely recommend anybody coming to hervey bay to come stay here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Nazia,

Thanks for your great review. I am so glad you appreciated our customer service, and our passion for our region. We love sharing our knowledge of the region and it's attractions - the type of service you can often only get with a small property and owner / managers.

It would be awesome to see you on another visit to Australia.

All the best,

Greenwell Point, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a night each way on our trip to and from Lady Elliot Island. The location is handy to the airport and various car hire places. You do need a car however, as this place is about 10-15 minutes by car from the main Hervey Bay attractions.

Unfortunately, there is a lot of residential development and roadworks going on around the area and this was a bit disconcerting when we first arrived at the address.

Once inside the grounds however, the place is a lovely quiet oasis of green gardens and great service. The owner Rob was fabulous, ringing around to confirm our flights and giving us maps and ideas for dinner and things to do.

The rooms are basic but spacious and clean, with lovely shaded verandas and comfy chairs out back to relax on. As it was mid-trip for us, we took the opportunity to repack everything in the car and in our luggage, and there was plenty of space to do all this.

In summary, a great spot to relax and exceptionally personal service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Hi Mike,

Thanks for sharing your experiences and time with us and in Hervey Bay. Town is certainly busy at present, with a lot of development, new shopping centres and hospitals being built.

As you pointed out, however, we are only minutes from everything Hervey Bay has to offer, but once inside our front gate it is like you are in your own tropical oasis! In the summer, as you drive up our driveway, the outside temperature falls about 5 degrees, as you are immersed in the trees and shade of our gardens.

I'm thrilled you enjoyed your time with us, and our personal service. It would be great to see you again in the future.

Regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

The location is spectacular: the tropical garden is all around the place!!! The pool area and the bbq were perfect to have a drink and cook a nice dinner after a very busy day around. The rooms were super clean, big and very confortable.
Great help at the reception for hints about what to see and do in hervey bay.
Anytime again!!!

• Stayed October 2013
Hi Bobbyboys,

Thanks for the glowing review - I appreciate it very much.

You've mentioned all the things we are obsessive about doing well - cleanliness, service, and our oversized, comfortable rooms. And of course nothing beats a good Aussie BBQ under the trees and around the pool.

I hope you get an opportunity to visit us again. We would love to welcome you back.

All the best,

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights...everything about it was just great, loved our room and Rob the owner was just fantastic from the moment we arrived to the moment we left!
His hospitality was excellent...gave us a map and pin pointed the best places to go to in town, we did everything he mentioned which made our stay at Hervey Bay fab! Great reccommendations!
Booked our Fraser Island and Lady Elliot Island tours through him too which were just unbelievable. Always so helpful and informative, Also got to mention Jess ...what an Awesome dog...she gives High Fives :)
Again can't thank Rob enough for being so kind and dropping us off at the airport when our taxi didnt bother turning up...so close to missing our flight home! Defo Number 1 place to stay! Emereldine Eco Lodge gets a High 5 from me! :)

• Stayed October 2013
Hi Tas,

Thanks heaps for your awesome review!

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you managed to fit so much into the time you had in the Bay! You pretty much ticked all the boxes whilst here, but I am sure I can come up with more great suggestions if you come back for another visit.

It is not often that the taxis and limos mess up, but I am glad we averted a disaster and I managed to get you to the airport on time - all part of the service :-)

Jess appreciates her mention and looks forward to seeing you again some time- she never forgets a repeat visitor.

It was a pleasure having you with us, and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Australia.

Beijing, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very nice place to stay! Very friendly person at the reception, giving advice and his restaurant recommendatios were perfect.

The rooms have everything what you need.

The nature around the rooms is very nice!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Emeraldene, Owner at Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Hi Xiao,

Thanks for your excellent review. I am so glad you enjoyed our natural setting, comfortable rooms, and also our advice and restaurant recommendations! We do have some great places to eat and drink in the Bay, and I am always happy to steer our guests in the right direction!

It would be great to see you again in the future if you get an opportunity to visit the region again.

Rob

Been to Emeraldene Inn & Eco-Lodge? Share your experiences!