We stayed at The Mantra for one night either side of a trip to Fraser Island, it is ideally placed for this, although most trips will collect you from your hotel.
The hotel was clean and staff friendly and all rooms have Jacuzzi baths. However rooms do differ in layout and size – our first room had a very small and cramped balcony; however the second room has a better layout and balcony much bigger.
There are two pools – a small one for children and a larger adult pool - some of the rooms do have balconies with direct access to the pool. There are BBQ facilities next to the pool, however the nearest place to buy food for this is at least 5- 10 mins drive away.
There a number of restaurants and gift shops next to the hotel, together with a fish and chip shop, the main Hervey Bay esplanade is about 10-15mins drive away (there are plenty of taxis).
The hotel are happy to store any luggage for you whilst you are away on Fraser Island, however they were not very flexible over the check out time. We asked if it was possible to delay our check out and the reception staff advised me to speak to Housekeeping, which I did. They informed me the hotel wasn’t busy and were happy for me to check out in the afternoon as they didn’t need to clean the room that day but to speak to reception to confirm the time. When I spoke to reception they advised they did need the room unless I was prepared to pay half of a day’s rate!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Hervey Bay is the region's only absolute marina front accommodation, offering direct access to the Great Sandy Strait as well as being one of the best places in Australia for whale watching. Only three and half hours north of Brisbane or just five minutes from the Fraser Coast airport, Mantra Hervey Bay offers a range of accommodation perfect for your Fraser Coast holiday. Featuring hotel rooms and one, two, and self-contained three bedroom apartments, all rooms include private balconies and cable TV, with most rooms featuring a spa bath. One and two bedroom apartments offer the additional convenience of kitchenette and laundry facilities. Onsite leisure facilities at Mantra Hervey Bay include a swimming pool, sauna, exercise room, BBQ facilities and adjoining restaurants. Free security parking is available. There is also a number of retail outlets including fashion boutiques, a day spa and gift stores within the marina precinct. With an abundance of nature, such as the Great Sandy Strait, Fraser Island and the wetlands, as well as the eco tourism ventures and attractions, Hervey Bay offers something for every visitor. Hervey Bay is an idyllic location to experience the Fraser Coast with Mantra Hervey Bay providing the perfect base to explore all that is on offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Mantra Hervey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Hervey Bay Hotel Hervey Bay
- Mantra Hotel Hervey Bay
- Hervey Bay Mantra Hotel
- Mantra Hervey Bay Fraser Coast