While the girl checking us in was helpful and friendly if a bit robotic, the entire property is cheesy. Yes, it is right on the marina but I would definitely stay at the Akama if didn't like dim and very depressing lighting, tired furnishings, rooms that overlook a pool that feels like it is right under one's nose with the strident noise of families. I really wanted to anesthetize myself the moment I walked into the room. What in the world possessed me to reserve a room here? Can the concept of convenience be so important to me that I give up my reason? The lobby was dim and cheesy but the rooms really took the cake. The only reason I gave this two stars was that the location is convenient for the whale watching boat tours but two stars was very hard for me to give. We were told to use our room phone if we needed anything but of course that line was dead while we were there. In fairness the hotel did send someone up to try to fix it but at 9:30 PM we just wanted to go to sleep. The gym was a tiny glass box and one would feel like they were in an aquarium. Obviously people are satisfied with this place and if you are a totally nonpicky person you would be fine. If you are picky stay away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located three and half hours north of Brisbane or just five minutes from the Fraser Coast airport, Mantra Hervey Bay offers a variety of resort accommodation perfect for your Fraser Coast holiday. Featuring 152 hotel rooms and one, two, and three bedroom apartments, our Hervey Bay resort features comfortable interiors and private balconies each with a view over Urangan Marina. Mantra Hervey Bay, Fraser Coast is the region’s only absolute marina front accommodation, offering direct access to the Great Sandy Strait as well as being one of the best places in Australia for whale watching. Hervey Bay whale watching tours depart directly outside the resort from Urangan Marina and take guests on the experience of a lifetime watching these majestic creatures migrate north. Onsite, there are a variety of facilities at our Hervey Bay hotel which ensure a memorable and relaxed holiday including an outdoor heated pool and sauna. Just moments from the resort guests will find The Esplanade, the dining strip of Hervey Bay where there are a range of restaurants, bars and bistros offering everything from casual cafe style meals to fine dining cuisine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Priceline, HotelsClick, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia, Despegar.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Mantra Hervey Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra Hervey Bay Hotel Hervey Bay
- Mantra Hotel Hervey Bay
- Hervey Bay Mantra Hotel
- Mantra Hervey Bay Fraser Coast