“You get what you Pay for here” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge Fraser Gateway

You added Econo Lodge Fraser Gateway to your Saves list
Econo Lodge Fraser Gateway
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   68 Main Street, Hervey Bay, Queensland 4655, Australia (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Ranked #19 of 23 Hotels in Hervey Bay
Brisbane, Australia
“You get what you Pay for here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Good location and closed to a Shopping Mall.

On-Site manager was very helpful and had a good area knowledge.

Its a good accommodation option if you are on tight budget and want something close to all the basic amenities.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

First, it is important to know what Hervey Bay is mostly about: a gateway to Fraser Island. Hervey Bay itself is a small town with an unimpressive beach (by Australian standards). Nothing wrong with staying there before moving on the the island, or using it for a day trip to the island (HIGHLY recommended).

The Comfort Inn is on Main Street, close to a mall complex with many restaurants and close enough for a walk down to the beach. That said, it is a town where things are very spread out. This location has a small pool out from and decent sized rooms. Overall, we were treated very well.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Oregon,USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

After traveling from Cairns to Brisbane, our third stop was this motel, a two night respite. The motel was dirty, the air conditioner overly noisy, and the shower weak. But worse of all, after returning from a full day tour of Fraser Island, the room was untouched. Dirty coffee cups, no beds made, towels arranged or straightened, wastebaskets emptied, absolutely nothing. OK, so the housekeepers made a mistake right? It happens. So, my wife goes to the office to inquire about the mishap, and what does she hear from the “New Management” (signs everywhere)? “We’re not a 5 star hotel like you’re used to...Waddya want”?
He was obstinate and nasty, with absolutely no regard for his customers. I would strongly recommend avoiding this dump. My travel agent is gonna hear about it as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Frasergateway, Manager at Econo Lodge Fraser Gateway, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Good morning Motorrader,
Firstly I would like to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor as I am very familiar with the conversation that I had with your wife.
Your wife came to see me after a long day on Fraser Island and I understand that she was feeling tired which may have explained her temperament at the time.
It was unfortunate that your room wasn’t fully serviced on this day however as explained to your wife the following which was left out of your review:
a) When personal items are left on the beds, it is our policy that we DO NOT TOUCH the items, hence is why your beds weren’t made up.
b) There is signage in your ensuite which clearly states our policy to conserve water usage and we ask guests to hang their towels on the rail if they don’t want fresh towels. We assumed that as your towels were hanging, fresh towels were not required.
c) I did give fresh towels and toiletries to your wife when requested and at the time your wife was happy with this and no other comment was given.
d) As for your rubbish, I can’t explain why my housekeeper removes only part of the items which could be placed in the external bin (I apologize for this). I have had a conversation with the person involved and further training will be provided.
e) I noted that your comments which your wife claimed.... and I quote “We’re not a 5 star hotel like you’re used to...Waddya want”? This was not said and I do find that writing inconsistent “Third Party” comments to glorify your review very concerning and harmful to the hospitality & tourism industry.
f) Our property is older; however it is very clean and tidy. Many guests tell us this and is the reason they return. The owner of the property is currently upgrading all the motel rooms with split system air conditioners. Again I note that you NEVER mentioned any of this to our staff at any time of your stay.
f) I encourage you to contact your Travel Agent and would highly recommend that you pass our details and I am available for them to contact me 24/7 for further details.
As you can see from other reviews, our Team pride ourselves on giving wonderful service to all our guests and we have found your review very upsetting and inconsistent to the actual conversation which your wife had with me. Please feel free to contact me if you would like to have a friendly discussion further.
Kindest regards
Craig
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stayed in room 2. Very spacious room and bathroom that were clean and well maintained.

The price was quite reasonable.

Central location.

Reception guy friendly and helpful.

Nothing at all to fault with this place at all.

• Stayed December 2012
Hervey Bay, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Excellent property in the heart of Hervey Bay, Craig, Ruby and his team have done an excellent job with this property, clean and very friendly staff. Craig having lived in the area for some time has lots of local knowledge not just about Hervey Bay but also Fraser Island. The resturant 'Frasers on Main" has a different buffet each night and is great food with excellent prices.
If looking for a clean and friendly place to stay in the heart of Hervey Bay look no further.
Keep up the good work guys.....I will be back!

Room Tip: from what I had seen all rooms are great, with some rooms undertaking an upgrade.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Innsbruck, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Really nice motel. Great value for money. Very clean and spacious rooms. Hotel manager is very friendly and helpful. Well located, close to restaurants and food market. Good BBQ facilities. Early check in was absolutely no problem. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
donegal
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Basic cheap hotel room with paper thin walls, could practically hear conversations in the room next to us. Rooms were a good size with private bathroom. On the plus side we were able to park our car here free of charge while we did the Fraser Island tour for 2 nights. Staff very friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Econo Lodge Fraser Gateway? Share your experiences!