We booked a luxury suite for two nights...only booking condition was no meals included in the rate..thats ok. Fantastic service by reception team throughout the stay. After a wonderful day on Fraser Island we returned to room to find that it had not been serviced...only to find on checking with reception that we were on 'eco rate' ..so your room doesn't get serviced..so no milk restocked for coffee, no cups washed, nothing...all in the name of the environment! I don't think so...you are encouraged to take fresh towels whenever from reception, are told that you can always ask for new crockery any time from reception..it just seems to me to be a cheap way to cut costs. A nice hotel but this left a sour taste. Meanwhile ..a drink from the bar was good..tho you had to go to reception to buy a packet of crisps to go with the drink! Clumsy. And the gym is a room with 3 pieces of equipment and a coffee table...amateur, don't bother..go for a great run along the Esplanade instead. I asked whether 'eco rate' (that we hadn't booked for but got) was economy or environmental in nature? Was advised that the hotel was 'an eco resort'...shame..could be so good if they just stuck to doing what you expect to happen when you book a 4star hotel room..service it swiftly and provide regular bar snacks at the bar rather than expecting your customer to harvest everything together! A strange experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stylish resort and hotel is ideally positioned in the vibrant yet laid-back town of Hervey Bay. Choose from studio rooms, one bedroom suite or enjoy with the family a two bedroom apartment. The property is ideal for business or pleasure. Features include a heated spa,two pools including a 42 metre pool oasis. Enjoy a massage around the pool in our poolside gazebo, enjoy a bike hire along the waterfront to Enzo or Aquavue, a seaplane over Fraser Island and return to live music in Smokey Joe's Cafe bar and grill with our signature Taste of the Bay Seafood Platter. This is the perfect launch pad to experience the natural wonders of World Heritage listed Fraser Island, whale watching (August to October) and the coloured sands of Rainbow Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ramada Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ramada Hotel Hervey Bay
- The Ramada Resort Hervey Bay, Fraser Coast