“So great :D” 5 of 5 stars

Thann
7 attraction reviews
“So great :D”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was really happy to do it. I would have like that the seals would be more playful but it was already great. It was a dream coming true. it was nice too because we were just 3 people. the best is to go when it's warm and sunny because the seals have to go back to water to cool down, so your success rate is enhanced. the water is cold but with the wetsuit and the seals you forget that in 10 seconds.
Because the conditions were not the best, they proposed me to come back for free if I don't have anything else to do the day after. they are really nice.
at the end you can enjoy a warm shower

Visited March 2013

New York City, New York
14 attraction reviews
“One of my favorite activities ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Top notch operation that tries really hard to make sure that clients have an upclose encounter with a seal. In the event you don't they offer you a $55 refund or the option to do a second trip for free. On the day I went, I was advised that the conditions were not ideal and I had the option to back out. However, I had come from Christchurch for the day so I decided to take my chances. It was a slow go at first, but by the end I had 30 minutes with a seal staying 3-6 inches away from me at all times. Listen to the instructor, he will tell you to keep your arms still so as not to scare off the seals. I was the only one in the group who did and as such, I believe that is why the seal got so close to me. An amazing day! P.S. Try to go on a warm, sunny day as the seals are more likely to get in the water to cool off.

Visited March 2013
Geneva, Switzerland
“Wonderful trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

An absolute highlight of our NZ experience. Great interaction with the seals. Friendly, well-organised team.

Visited February 2013
Honomu, Hawaii
80 attraction reviews
“Seals Up Close”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Water is chilly, but you forget when a seal swims by you only feet or inches away. Everyone is very professional and the gear is great and minimizes the chill from the water. Seeing the seals up close in the water and watching the bask on the rocks was incredible.

Visited February 2013
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

No waiting, very well organised. Very good interaction with the seals would do anytime again. Small, friendly family run business that do an excellent job. A must do in Kaikoura.