“Awesome Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours, Water sports, Adventure
Kaikoura, New Zealand
“Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I went seal swimming with Graeme and company 5 years ago when backpacking around New Zealand. So I brought my Dad back and sent him swimming. He loved it, too! (They even had prescription goggles for people that wear glasses!) So much better than the dolphin swimming, I'm telling you.

Visited December 2012

Sydney, Australia
11 attraction reviews
“The charm and adventure was really there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I was doing a seal swim with my family of six, with my youngest boy six years old. The personell with Matt in front really did everything they could for us. They informed us that the water and weather was unusually cold at the moment and that the seals therefore tended to not play so much in the water. We decided to go anyway. They dressed us up in really good wetsuits, even for the hands, that otherwise can be very cold in cool water. My youngest got three! wetsuits, since it doesn't exist so thick wetsuits for youngsters. Then we took off in a small boat. Matt helped a lot with our smallest, pulling him in the water on a floating board so he could watch withour even getting down so much in the (cold) water. Well, we saw some seals, but not so many I must admit. I still liked it, as well as all my family. Matt said it did not reach his expected level, though, and he refounded us almost half the price. What can I say? I would have been ready to pay the full price. They had after all warned us and we had choosen to go anyway. You can't want more. I highly recommend this trip. The only thing might be to go when the water is not too cold (we had 11 degrees). Then I am sure it is a wonderful thing to do. In fact I have swam with seals in other places and it is a great thing to do. One more thing I would like to say. Matt had a very good arrangement with warm water from a pipe that you could pour into your wetsuit and warm yourself in the boat. And afterwards we could stay as long as we wanted in hot showers at the office. Awesome!

Visited November 2012
ATL
3 attraction reviews
“Once in a lifetime experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

This adventure was amazing. We were suited up from head to toe in wetsuits and were close enough to touch the seals ( though they don't recommend you actually touch them because they are wild animals). The water is cold, but its worth it. This place even has prescription snorkel masks if you wear glasses to see. The folks operating the outfit were great, and even though we had to delay our start time due to weather it ended up being a perfect day. We saw both full grown and young pups, who are so playful- the come right up to you and swim around...they also pop their heads up to see what's going on because they're so curious. I would highly recommend this trip...for anyone of all ages. If you have a waterproof camera this is definitely the place to use it!

Omaha, Nebraska
“A Lasting Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Went on the 9:30 am excusion with my wife and 3 others to the seal colony off South Bay. This was an experience that I would enjoy over and over again. We all had multiple encounters with both adult and adolescent seals, close enough to touch! The people at Seal Swim are great - it's their priority that their customers are satisfied and even offer a return trip that day or a 50% refund if the trip is unfruitful. Highly recommended.

Visited November 2012
Brussels, Belgium
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

It has been a real joy to swim with seals as they were ready to come around and curiosity beeing too strong to meet us and play with us.
I appreciated the nice welcoming, the professionnalism and security provided. l'm not a good swimmer but I felt secure and encouraged by the team. The confort was also a concern for Swim with seals and it was good to get hot water on the boat after the swim in a relatively cold water.
This experience has been the nicest I have had during my stay in New Zealand.

Visited April 2012