“Lovely stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 20 hotels in Kaikoura
AshbydelaZouch
“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

After a lengthy drive from Dunedin we arrived in Kaikoura to stunning views of coast and snow capped mountains.
After spending quite a few nights recently in Bella Vista motels, this one didn't disappoint. A warm welcome greeted us and our host provided us with information on places to eat, places to visit etc and booked a whale watch trip for us (sadly cancelled due to fog at sea ). Our studio apartment was comfortable, immaculately clean and well equipped (even included a spa bath ) and was complemented by nice outdoor space and guest barbeque.
Enjoyed Kaikoura - lovely ex whaling station - our only disappoint as the cancelled trip.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
PiperLee, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Thank you for your review. I also was dissapointed your whale trip was cancelled, it breaks my heart when people travel from near or far away and weather goes against us. Maybe one day you will make it back to see the whales?! I am pleased the rest of your stay went well and you got to enjoy our wonderful scenery, something I appreciate every single day :)

85 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Excellent customers skills on arrival by reception, very informative, room absolutely superb, double glazing means minimal noise, great surroundings for relaxing. Very refreshed after a great nights rest and relaxation. Absolutely no faults just all positives.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely comments, I am so pleased your stay with us was comfortable and we hope to see you again in the future.
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Having stayed at other motels in the Bella Vista "chain" we rate this one the highest. It is well located with fine views of the mountains, and it is just a short walk away from the town centre and all the noise and bustle. The room was just what we needed in terms of space, equipment and comfort, including the double glazing. However the real difference is the owners Penny and Josh) who were most friendly, knowledgeable and helpful - we might of missed the Ohau seal pup nursery if it was not for them.

Room Tip: Try for an upper room with view of the mountains.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
PiperLee, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you! I am so pleased you had a good stay here with us and hope to see you again :)
Hornby, null, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We booked for one night at the Bella Vista . Our room was completely spotlessly clean and had that 'clean' smell about it too. The lady who greeted us upon arrival was lovely and very friendly and helpful showing us a map and suggesting things we could do in Kaikoura. The bed was possibly too comfortable and I found it very hard to get up the next day!
Excellent motel and would highly recommend to anyone staying in Kaikoura!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
PiperLee, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for your review and choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and found our rooms and bed comfortable and clean. I hope my advice and map was of use to you while here in Kaikoura! Penny :)
Kirkland, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Penny's warm and gracious greeting took the edge off of our motel experience. In fact, the place was very clean and I finally got my washing done!

Josh even invited me over to chat in Japanese. I was shocked that he spent 4+ years there. We spent 30 minutes discussing our lives in Japanese. He's the chef at White Morph and perhaps the best cook on the south island. Best meal I've had to date...

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Penny I, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your review! It was really nice to meet you and your family. Josh enjoyed having someone to chat with in Japanese too, and appreciates your kind words about his cooking. Hope the rest of your trip is going well :)
P.S one of you left a charger here with multi adapter on it, if you call or email and give me a forwarding address I will send it on for you.
Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I booked to stay in the Bella Vista motel on the basis of the positive reviews on Trip Advisor and I wasn't disappointed. The owners were so friendly, their advice was spot on and they couldn't have been nicer. The rooms are modern, clean and when I opened the curtains in the morning I saw snow-capped mountains. I would recommend this motel to my friends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Penny I, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you so much for coming to stay with us, it was an absolute pleasure having you here and hope to see you again in the future. So glad you got to see and enjoy everything Kaikoura has to offer. :)
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Penny and Josh received us like friends! Including pick up at and return to the train station. Rooms were comfortable and immaculately clean. The town of Kaikoura is within easy walking distance and very pretty. Josh also is a chef at the White Morph restaurant in town - what a treat to taste his food. Just check out that restaurant if you want top quality. Thanks Penny and Josh, we loved our short stay in Kaikoura!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Penny I, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for your lovely review, we are so pleased you had a great time here and hearing back from you makes it all worth it :) We love our jobs and enjoy making your time here memorable.

Been to Bella Vista Motel Kaikoura? Share your experiences!