“Best seafood chowder!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Kaikoura
Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Description: Don't think they have their own web site, but find them at the URL I've provided above.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Best seafood chowder!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Popped in for lunch on our way through Kaikoura. The first time I have heard hubby say "This is good!", as he tastes the first spoonful of seafood chowder. And a good variety of seafood in it. I had the leek and potato soup-yum! Coffee was good, and we took a couple of the muffins away with us. The girls were extremely friendly & welcoming. Thanks for the delicious food & pleasant atmosphere. Recommended!!

• Visited August 2013

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Yummy food but watch out for seagulls!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food. My parter had the burger and I had the waffles. If you sit outside, watch out for the seagulls - we had one land on the table between us!! Service was great.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lyttelton, New Zealand
“Good breakfast - great coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

This place is well located right opposite the waterfront, with indoor and outdoor seating, friendly service, a vibrant atmosphere, good food, and great coffee. We had breakfast - we both had the eggs benedict with salmon, which was generous in its size, attractive in its presentation and of a good quality. The home-made hollandaise really made this, along with the generous portions of salmon and perfectly cooked eggs. The coffee (latte and long black) were both excellent, and I love the way they serve the long black as a shot of coffee with hot water on the side. Altogether great.

• Visited July 2013
Rangiora, New Zealand
“Friendly spot with outdoor seating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Very friendly and hospitable. Accommodating with gluten free meals. We went back for breakfast the next day as we had been so charmed by the forthright friendly nature of the hostess.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kaikoura, New Zealand
“Local fave”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I am a short term Kaikoura local and I love this place - even though I have tried to restrict my coffee intake this past year I still can't resist going in because their coffee is superb. Added bonus - if you go to get your haircut next door they will deliver coffee to you !!!. Every time I walk in they know exactly what I order and it's perfect - not burnt - and flavourfull every time. Warning: the crispy lemon muffins are addictive and to die for. One local heads up - eating at the outdoor tables in the sunshine is super nice, but don't walk away (even for a second) from your table with food on it as the naughty eagle-eyed sea-gulls will swoop and you won't have a hope of returning to your food !

• Visited April 2013