“very good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Singen, Germany
“very good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I ate two times there. Both where delicious. The salmon was very good and also the steak. The staff was very friendly and you get all kinds of good beer.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Dunedin, New Zealand
“Decent Prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014

After checking out the menus in most of the eateries in Kaikoura we decided to try "The "Whaler".
The food was perfect and the staff were friendly. Compared to other places in Kaikoura the food prices were also what I consider to be normal. Some places seem to have overdone the costs as you would find in Queenstown. I recommend you try out the mussels and the ribs :)

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Christchurch
“Surprised by the good reviews!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

Had a meal for 2 adults and 2 kids on a Tuesday night. Kids had chicken nuggets - very average, deep fried supermarket nuggets, I had the fish and chips - almost stone cold, soggy batter and hubby had the porterhouse - cheap and ok. Very expensive for very average food really. Girl who served us was very nice, no complaints, but the dragon who I can only assume was the duty manager was awful. Obnoxious and beyond rude. When we questioned the garlic sauce, she snapped rudely at us and stomped off. When I went to the bar to pay, she even went so far as to give me a dirty look. I think she seriously needs a holiday, some training, or both. Not a nice person at all to have customer facing. Would not go back because of her and the food.

Visited January 2014
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Sumptuous steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

My family, two girls & my husband had dinner @ this restuarant. One daughter 8 particulary wanted prawns not to spicy. They whipped up a delicous plate of prawns with fresh side salad. We had the P/house steak with mash and garlic gravy & salad. Awsome! Compliments to the chef!
Meg CHCH

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Recommended”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Lovely ambience - lively without being 'too much'. Good choice on menu. Meals very nice - In fact we ate here twice during a 4 day stay.

Visited December 2013