“Bad Pumpkin Soup” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Bad Pumpkin Soup”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Got served an uneatable pumpkin soup, which was possibly watered down, with a slice of toasted crust "ciabata" and thick slices of ham in the middle of the soup. Made ham sandwich out of the crust and ham to surfice hunger.

Visited September 2012

Whangarei, New Zealand
“Gluten Free? Soooo Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

I was really happy to see Mondos provided gluten free options! As a coeliac it is really important to me to see places offering GF as it gives me the opportunity to dine out with friends and be able to eat too. My experience today makes me annoyed that I also recently purchased a voucher to go there as quite frankly... I would never return! I made it very clear to the person who took my order that I required GF and that I had coeliacs and so was very sensitive to gluten. It became obvious that they don't seem to have much understanding at all of GF and what it entails - their service was hugely disappointing also with a friend requesting some water and being told by the waitress she would bring it back but never returning. When trying to speak to the manager about the above my concerns regarding his knowledge of GF (even though he stated his daughter has coeliacs!) and therefore the ability of this restaurant to provide GF meals deminished pretty quickly. Also he was nothing but rude in the manner in which he spoke to my friends and I...no apology for the poor food or poor service... I guess it didn't matter to him much given our money was already in his pocket! We left immediately and went next door to Mokaba - much better food and service!

• Visited August 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Not brilliant which is a pity”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Started good smiley service but food was such a let down burnt panini followed by non descript apple slice, big let down, will try somewhere else next time.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“big feed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

had the luck to score $19 grabone voucher
the mondo breakfast was very good value for money
large plate filled with creamed mushroom bacon tomato potato cake 3 eggs poached just as i asked for with toast best valued breakfast in whangarei
plenty of staff so no waiting
coffee was great as well

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand
“Worst breakfast ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

This was the worst breakfast I've ever had. I ordered the eggs benedict on toasted ciabatta bread, and was served undercooked eggs (whites were still clear) on untoasted, cheese buns from Pack'n'save with too much margarine on. The coffee was cold, and not well made. Service was terrible, too.