“Simply Amazing” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kingdom of Zion

Kingdom of Zion
Gray Road, Kamo, Whangarei, New Zealand (Formerly Zion Wildlife Gardens)
09 435 0110
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 20 Attractions in Whangarei
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Outdoors
3 attraction reviews
“Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I loved it and would say that people of New Zealand and visitors should visit this place at least once. I think this is the only place in New Zealand where you get to see 33 big cats including white lions and lioness, white tiger and tigress and white deer which are rare. I will definitely be going to this place again.

“Interesting and touching experience especially if you love big cats!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed the guide's knowledge and she shared it well. Learned a lot about each cat at the park and liked knowing that the cats are cared for and looked after well at Zion. 1 1/2 hour feeding tour was great value for money!

Visited January 2014
Whangarei, New Zealand
“Must Go Again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

What can i say, Everything was great. The tour guide was brilliant, Georgina was very informative and obviously knew what she was talking about. She made it fun and exciting, The park was spotless as with the toilets.The lions and tigers were beautiful. The cheetah's were stunning but my favorite was the black panther. I would highly recommend a visit if you come to Whangarei. I will be going again. I am glad there are hard working and dedicated people that love these big cats, it certainly shows.

Visited October 2013
Whangarei, New Zealand
“unfotunately not brilliant”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

having watched the programs growing up was very excited to be visiting, our opening chat basically said shame we were not on the feeding tour as we would not see much as the cats were all sleeping! Great, I thought, glad I have wasted nearly $300 to be greeted with this total lack of enthusiasm from the guide. Guide was female and pushy, came across really fake and braggish, didn't interact well with people. One of the animals was pacing in a figure of 8 and we were whisked past this (literally ran past it) as it 'didn't like push chairs' ...utterly crazy, it obviously had big containment issues. I had two eager kids with me who were desperate to catch a glimpse of the cats, and I do not expect the animals to perform but we literally saw glimpses of sleeping lions ... which is fine, let them sleep ... just don't charge such extortionate prices for people to view sleeping lions ... and if you do at least don't have your opening greeting that its a shame we didn't go on the other tour ... am really annoyed I wasted so much money on this, would rather have just donated to SPCA in retrospect

Visited November 2013
KingdomofZion, Front Office Manager at Kingdom of Zion, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
First of all I would like to say thank you for visiting Kingdom of Zion and for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am very sorry that your visit did not live up to your expectations.

We don't force our big cats to do anything, so when the weather is warm, they do like to sleep and enjoy the sun :-) I would like to follow up on your comments regarding the guide as this is not indicative of the service we want to provide. If you could let me know the date and time of your visit (either by responding to this review or you can email me at office@kingdomofzion.co.nz) I will look into this immediately.

I would just like to comment with regard to the white tiger who was unhappy about the pushchair, you were advised correctly, this is a fear issue and not a containment issue. If you saw her in other circumstances, I am sure you would have a different view.

If you ever have the opportunity to visit us again please let me know, as I am happy to offer a Feed tour free of charge in an attempt to redress your disappointment. Once again thank you for drawing this to my attention.
Auckland, New Zealand
“Simply amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

Had a wonderful time viewing these magnificent creatures. Our guide, Georgie, was wonderful and her enthusiasm added to the experience. All of the animals look in wonderful condition and seem very happy. This is an absolute must do activity and we'll certainly be back to do one of the more advanced tours next time. The team care deeply about the animals and for most it is the only place that they can survive given the impacts of poachers.

Visited January 2014