“AdBlue4You Taranaki/Wanganui” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“AdBlue4You Taranaki/Wanganui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Great food and atmosphere.
Busy bar and restaurant.
Right in the main street near the river.
Staff were very busy but were very freindly and aimed to please.

Visited March 2013

Wanganui, New Zealand
“Stella”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

We visited at night-my friends and I, for dinner. I had been in with my friends who were from out of town, earlier in the afternoon and we visited later in the evening for dinner too.
Stella has been revamped, new owners apparently. I don't know why they have taken the light and crisp lines of the 'old' Stella and created a 'bar' that is dark and neon lit - even in the daytime.
I did like the low volume of the background music. We were able to talk and remember the old days without having to shout at each other - the acoustics are good, I could hear without having to yell and say "pardon" etc ...which seems to be all too common in other eateries around town at the moment (<<<What is with that?) The afternoon Stella was quiet and clean. The bar service was good. The selection of wine and beers was comprehensive and priced accordingly.
Our dinner experience later was okay too. I did notice a remarkable downsizing of the portions of food on my plate from my last dine-in visit ...unfortunately the downsizing of the size of the meals didn't reflect in a downsizing of cost. Prices were still reasonable - 'old' Stella prices, with 'old' Stella favourites still on the menu however the platefuls were considerably less. It was still an adequate meal for moi however a hungry male may be left wanting more... I guess that is what the dessert menu is for!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“A Sunday special”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We were in Wanganui on a Sunday night, with not much open, and we didn't expect a lot walking in to Stellar, which is a fairly basic pub. No loud music or events on Sunday night, just a restaurant full of couples, groups and families enjoying very satisfying fare. My husband had a special starter of tiger prawns and scallops, the sort of dish I wouldn't usually order in this type of restaurant, and pronounced it excellent (he's very fussy about fresh shellfish). I had a simple, very fresh green salad (only complaint, mediocre tomatoes, a crime in NZ where there is excellent produce), not on the menu but brought by request. I had a very good fettuccine with chicken, bacon and mushroom, creamy but not too heavy, while my husband enjoyed his lamb shank. We were both too full for dessert, but the selections were tempting. We would definitely return if visiting Wanganui again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“great service, great food, great night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

coming to stellar from out of town on a tuesday night seemed a daunting prospect but we thought we'd try the quiz night and make an evening of it, we weren't dissappointed, the quiz was thoroughly enjoyable, staff were friendly and welcoming and the food was great all in all a great night out and we will definitely be back for more whenever we are in town

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Helmond, The Netherlands
“Not very special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We had dinner here for one evening. The atmosphere is more of a disco with loud music of the sixties. The porc was good, but vthe pizza we had was moderate. Service okay.

Visited February 2013