“Excellent Cafe.” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Excellent Cafe.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My wife & I were staying in Wanganui & we saw their menu in our Motel Unit & The Owners said Its a great place for a meal & went there & The Service by The Owner & Staff were Very kind Frierndly & very Helpful. The meal was cooked just the way we had asked for it to be cooked. Thoroughly Enjoyable Evening & visit to Sellars. Thank you very much & we will be back one day.

• Visited February 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Los Angeles, California
“Only decent pub in town”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

wish there'd be more live music but this is good enough. rates are comparable to other pubs - about $25 to $30 for a meal plus drinks....

Visited December 2011
Rotorua, New Zealand
“Nice place - pity staff weren't very friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

My daughter and I recently had a drink at the Stellar, whilst making use of their internet. Both staff members weren't very friendly or even helpful when asked if there was a seat near a power point so that we could plug in laptop.

Nice looking place, pity about the two younger staff members!

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wellington, New Zealand
“One to avoid!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

We arrived at 6pm on a Sunday evening and had a drink in the bar. We asked for a table at 6.30 and were told that they were all booked except one, which would be ready in 20 minutes ('no problem' we thought, we hadn't booked so expected to wait). Over an hour later we were finally seated... and then ignored for another 45 minutes. Whenever we asked if we could order we were given a very rude 'in a minute' and made to feel as if we were being difficult. I was told the pizza I had chosen had 'run out' (when I tried to order, not when we sat down as you would expect). We ended up having 2 pizzas, both of which were greasy, sloppy and so overloaded with meat that's all we could taste. When it was time to pay the waitress tried to charge us for a drink we'd already paid for, and then tried to argue with me when I pointed this out. We are polite, patient people and didn't make a fuss but were treated rudely and like we were invisible most of the time. We definitely wouldn't go back!

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
New Zealand
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

We found the service to be fantastic. Our waitress was friendly, efficient and natural without being over the top. The food was amazing. We could not fault a thing. There was a huge sellection. I had the chicken which was pefect and my friend hade the steak which was cooked to perfection. The selection of deserts was great. I would not hesitate in recommending this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited February 2011