“Supa Oldies Team Toowoomba Qld Aust” 5 of 5 stars

You added Anndion Lodge, Apartments & Function Centre to your Saves list
Anndion Lodge, Apartments & Function Centre
4.5 of 5 Lodge   |   143 - 145 Anzac Parade, Wanganui 4500, New Zealand   |
Toowoomba, Australia
“Supa Oldies Team Toowoomba Qld Aust”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

On behalf of the Supa Oldies team who came for the Masters games in Feb 2013 I want to thank Ann, Dion & there wonderful staff for taking such great care of all 32 of during our 7 day stay.Nothing was too much trouble even when we arrived late at night to check in .The food , cultual show, facilities ,accomadtion & our hosts great value for money.We would recommend Anndion Lodge to anyone travelling to Wanganui & we will visit again. Thankyou thankyou.

Room Tip: All rooms were great
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Wellington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was looking to break up a trip further north and decided that Wanganui was going to be where I'd stop for one night - I arrived in the evening and left early the next morning so didn't spend a great length of time at Anndion Lodge, but it fitted the bill for what I needed.

I found the website very informative and easy to make a booking, and it was clearly stated that check in after 10pm should be advised in advance by phone - it was nearing 10pm when I arrived and I'd had a friendly reminder left on the phone by Anne checking that I was still on my way, and when I arrived I was met by Dion who checked me in. It was probably pretty clear that I was there for sleep and would be gone the next morning and Dion was great, he showed me my room and where everything was, asked about my travelling plans and gave me some tips regarding the rest of my drive and wished me good night - couldn't have been more courteous and helpful (and his driving tips really helped).

My room was a double (shared bathroom facilities) and was clean and nicely decorated, Anndion Lodge might be a converted house of some sort, it feels like a very large upmarket flat - it would work very well for a large team or group, because the public rooms (lounge, dining. kitchen) were all very spacious - and again very clean and nicely decorated with modern furnishings.

The shared bathroom might not be to everyones taste; the showers are seperated from the wash basins by swing doors (lockable) but theres not a great deal of room and it kind of feels like theres not a lot seperating you from the outside world when you are showering, but again all the facilities were very clean.

Theres a decent amount of offstreet parking in front, I had a good nights sleep and left refreshed the next day, so even though it wasn't a long stay it was a good one and I'd definitely consider using Anndion Lodge again for a longer stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I would recommend staying at Anndion Lodge to anyone and would stay there again if I was to visit Wanganui again. Ann, Dion and all the staff are very friendly and welcoming. It felt like i was at my home away from home. Thanks Ann & Dion for a great stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Palmview Room, it was beautiful and would be a great room to stay in during winter...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Lovely owners and staff. Couldn't do enough to make us feel at home. Great facilities. Was great to mingle with other guests in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Would highly recommend this place to any one. Reasonably priced as well.

Best nights sleep I've had whilst travelling. Bar none.

Room Tip: Lodge rooms are cheaper and even though the facilities are shared it feels like you're in your o...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

It took me leaving Wanganui then going back on business to discover what I had been missing in my own backyard!

Ann and Dion are fantastic hosts who have poured a lot of love into creating a little bit of paradise in Wanganui.
The rooms are well proportioned, the salt water pool bliss after a hard days work in high heels!
I was in the Garden view room next to restaurant but was never disturbed by any noise next door.
Had my daughter and grandson (almost 3) join me for dinner at the restaurant, the rump lamb salad was delicious and worth the long wait. My grandson was fed his meal in a timely fashion to stop him from being to restless and was of good size for a small meal.
I think I will have to come up with an excuse to be working back there soon.

Room Tip: Garden room is lovely leading straight out to open garden area.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kiel, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

What an amazing place! After spending a few nights in back-packer hostels, this was a real step up in luxury and, surprisingly, a step-down in price! We (three adults) stayed in the 'family' room, with double bed and bunk bed. This was small but well presented and there were plenty of comfy sofas in the communal areas where we could relax. We enjoyed the swimming pool and the buffet dinner. We were also impressed by the warm Kiwi welcome from the owners. Thanks Ann and Dion!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Wanganui, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you are looking for a complex that will accomodate your out of town wedding guests, your bridal party/wedding party and of course yourselves then look no further ... The Anndion Lodge is perfect in every way. From the beautiful rooms and amenities in the Lodge, to the well equipped Cove Apartment to the luxurious Poolside Apartment you definately will not be disappointed. The service is amazing right from check in to check out. Ann and Dion you are wonderful hosts thank you so much for making our stay with you truly unforgettable :-)

Room Tip: For couples definately opt for the Poolside Apartment, it is spacious and luxurious
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Anndion Lodge, Apartments & Function Centre? Share your experiences!