“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Auckland, New Zealand
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I was sold on this place from the moment I booked. I had seen it on line but rang anyway to clarify a couple of things and the service on the call was fantastic. When we arrived at the Lodge the welcome was so friendly we felt like we were staying with friends, The suite we booked was beautiful (Gardenview Suite) and my husband actually thanked me for finding such a unique place to stay. What really makes this place wonderful are Dion and Anne themselves -they are so welcoming and friendly and I even got a cuddle when we checked out! I'm already thinking about our next trip to Wanganui but I know that I will be staying here again without doubt.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Christchurch
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

My trip was for business. Arrival was greeted well and I was even handed a beer! There is a well stocked shop at reception. We were shown to a lodge that had shared bathroom facilities which is not what I had booked. We were then shown to our correct rooms. The room is well set out with everything you would expect. Free wi-fi is available. Nice touch with the chocolates and biscuits.

On a downside, I could clearly hear the guy in the room next door. I had the fan going all night to try and get the temperature down. No aircon. I ordered breakfast the night before, being omelette with mushrooms, no mushrooms with breakfast. Is was hot and fresh.

Good size TV and plenty of channels. Alarm clock was still set from previous person and went off at 5.00am!! The lamp on the desk had blown. Small thing I know but a real pain when you need it to work.

Room Tip: Depends on what you want. If travelling for business, don't stay in lodge.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Some friends and I recently stayed here for one night (before a sporting event), and had a great time - host was fantastic, great service with a smile, despite being a obviously busy night. Was very accommodating, and premises were very nice and clean. Will def be staying here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Rotorua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Anndion Lodge for a weekend celebrating the birthday of a good friend. We stayed in the Palmview Suite. The accommodation was well appointed, with a very comfortable bed, modern bathroom and little extras (fresh coffee, bisquits, chocolates). The hospitality of Ann and of Dion are top class e.g. when mentioning that we might take a taxi back from town, Dion came after us handing us a taxi business card, so we would not have to find a contact number. The premises are well laid out and we would like to come back and try out the food at the restaurant

Room Tip: For light sleepers choose a room away from the SH 4 - running along the front of the property.
Newark, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

After staying in backpacker lodging, I decided to spend about $10 extra dollars for the Anndion Lodge, and it was the best money I spent. From the cleanliness of the room, to the free wi-fi, and free coffee, milk, and condiments in the kitchen, the owners are obviously working hard to go the extra mile. Wanganui might be a bit sleepier than some other New Zealand destinations, but the location on the river provided a great opportunity for me to do a nice bike ride. This lodge is worth a detour for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Porirua, Wellington, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We booked the Riverview suite-at first we thought it was a bit misleading as on the website the pictures for the room showed a kitchen area and alot more space, the hairdryer in the bathroom didnt work but im not a hair dryer person anyway, so wasnt a big deal and the bathtub leaked when we showered which is a hazard as the floors are tile. Overall the room was immaculate (LOVED the duvet covers) and had a very homely feel. Owners Dion and Ann are the most loveliest people i have ever met and they made mine and my partners stay worth while.

Brighton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here for two nights in a studio, the room was very clean & spacious with a very modern colour scheme (black & Red). The staff & owner were excellent and gave us good advice of were to visit. The Motel is within easy access of the town. Thank you very enjoyable stay

Room Tip: upgrade to a studio
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Anndion Lodge, Apartments & Function Centre? Share your experiences!