“The biker's friend!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 63 Restaurants in Wanganui
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Kristys Café is known WORLDWIDE for our FAMOUS RAETIHI PIE, Amazing Food, Coffee, Service and Atmosphere.
Christchurch, New Zealand
“The biker's friend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Stumbled across this gem whilst on a motorcycle tour and had possibly the best minted lamb pie I have ever or will ever have, unless I make another trip to Wanganui! If you haven't already been there, make it your life's ambition to go there and eat a pie. You won't be disappointed.

(They make good coffee, too.)

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
kristy_leeWanganui, Owner at Kristy’s Cafe, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
I know this reply is way overdue but I just wanted to let you know how y much we appreciate what you wrote in your review, thank you very very much...
Lee and Kristy

Wanganui
“Pies To Die For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Kristy's pies are absolutely scrumptious and the best around. Huge and chock full of delicious fillings. The venison is my favourite. We have been enjoying these for many years; firstly at his Raetihi Cafe and then since he moved to Wanganui and opened his great little cafe. All is food is extra good and his cafe is delightful and full of interesting things.

• Visited January 2014
Adelaide
“Didn't Know Pies Could Taste this Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I stumbled across Kristy's Cafe while trying to research where we could stop for lunch on the drive from Waitomo to Wellington and I am so glad I did. It totally lives up to it's hype right from the delicious pies to the lovely feel about the place. There were 5 of us and we all had something different and each was a hit even my very slow eating daughter finished before me and that is really saying something. Shame or maybe a good thing by the time we arrived that the supplies were low because I am sure we would have tried to go another round!
Thanks Kristy so glad we made the stopover - we still talking about the awesome pies ;)

• Visited January 2014
“Loved this place :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was my favourite cafe on my recent trip to NZ. The food was fantastic, the pies were awesome, but the best thing was the service. Nothing was too much trouble and they were so cheerful & welcoming, it really was a pleasure just to be there. Keep on smiling guys, your happiness is infectious! :)

Wellington, New Zealand
“Nice stop for lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stopped for lunch on a sunny day. Sat out in the courtyard and had nice pies (a mince+cheese, steak+cheese, and a steak+mushroom+bacon+cheese) plus a bacon & eggs. Coffee was good and strong, service was helpful and the whole place looked clean and inviting. Great stop on the way through Wanganui.