“Good food, good atmosphere...” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 35 Restaurants in Thames
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The finest place in Thames.Attentive professional service and fresh delicious cuisine.
California
“Good food, good atmosphere...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

There were 6 of us & each enjoyed their meal. The wait staff was friendly though it did take longer than we'd have like to get our meal.

Visited April 2013

Hikutaia, New Zealand
“Wonderful food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My husband and I ate here last week on referral from some friends and we will certainly be back ! From the warm welcome from our waitress to the excellent choices on the menu we knew we would not be disappointed . The starters and mains were both awesome - I am a huge venison fan and the entree of this was amongst the best I have ever had . Wine selection good too and staff have good knowledge of their wine list .
Thanks to all at this great spot !!

• Visited April 2013
Tolaga Bay, New Zealand
“4th Time as good as the First”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

This restaurant has become our " go to" place in Thames for a special occasion. Once again we were not disappointed. The food is consistantly good and the staff always friendly and helpful. This time I had the gnocci as an entree and my husband had the potted pheasant. The gnocci was the standout dish of the night. The pheasant was delicious. We followed up with Steak for my husband and the duo of pork for me. Again both delicious and well cooked. Dessert.. couldn't go past it even though we were both beaten by the size of our mains..I had the lemon tart and my husband the Affogato. The tart was superb.. not too sweet.

Napier, New Zealand
“Excellent experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had a great experience here before setting out on the rail trail. The service was friendly, helpful and quick. As vegetarians we are often disappointed when eating out (you can only eat ravioli, fettucine or risotto so many times) but deliberately chose Bullion after some on-line research. We shared the spanish style vegetable hotpot with kumara, tomatoes, chickpeas & ginger and the parmesan & panko crumbed aubergine, tomato & herb sauce, lemon crème fraiche and pinenuts and both were delicious. We would definitely dine there again.

Thames, New Zealand
“Delicious food and charming atmosphere!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I came here on a Saturday night, and enjoyed a delicious vegetable dish, an enormous plate of fries that had to be shared, and the creamiest creme brulee with praches! And the whole place was nicely decorated, and very clean. The only thing stopping me from giving a five star rating is the price I noticed for cocktails, (after ordering a cheaper spirit to drink.) Well done Thames!