“Very nice, very convenient.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fitzherbert Castle Motel

Fitzherbert Castle Motel
You added Fitzherbert Castle Motel to your Saves list
Fitzherbert Castle Motel
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   124 FItzherbert Ave, Palmerston North 4410, New Zealand   |
Whakatane, New Zealand
“Very nice, very convenient.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

We had a short stay to visit family, we found our room was perfect, spotless and well appointed, and Diane gave us a great deal. The castle is very handy to town, the owners give super friendly service, and we had the biggest bed I have ever seen! highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
North Shore City, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had to go to Palmerston North for a university course. As a "student" they were able to offer me a fantastic rate including breakfast. I was picked up from the airport and on the short drive to the motel I had restaurants and shops pointed out to me. Knowing I didn't have a car with me the bus stop across the road from the motel was shown to me and I was even given the bus number I would need to catch to get to the Uni. It was a 2minute walk to the square where the supermarket, restaurants and takeaways were located.
One of the highlights for me, and some might think is silly, was getting breakfast delivered to my room and the toast was still piping hot. The rooms are a little dated but clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable.

I'll be going back down again in July for another block course at Uni and will definitely be staying here again. I have already talked two other people doing my paper into staying there as well!

• Stayed April 2013
Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Work colleague recommended this place to me for a visit to Massey University. People are very friendly and when I explained I had a job interview via Skype, they gave me 500Mb of wifi with no charge. Breakfast arrived promptly and the poached eggs were perfect.

The room itself was large with a big comfortable bed. Tea, coffee (instant and plunger), hot chocolate, fresh milk, couple of complimentary chocolates and biscuits.

The location is easy to find and convenient to both The Square and to Massey.

Recommended.

• Stayed July 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Diane and Geoffrey were the perfect hosts. Everything was first class. Car parking was a little tight .our hosts gave us a good choice of restaurants within easy walking distance. 50 channels of sky allowed us to watch 6 nations rugby ( you have to be keen to watch from 3am) I would definitely go back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Whakatane, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

we had a nice stay here, the owners are very friendly and obliging. It was $110pn. which was ok for what it was, it is not particularly modern but it has everything that you need, the beds are comfortable and it has all the sky channels you could want. It is very handy to town and there is a free paper in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hastings, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We stayed in a double spa bath room and it was well priced, spacious, comfortable and had a well thought out kitchen area with microwave and hotplates as well as the usual jug/toaster etc. We were very impressed with the size of the room which included a table and two chairs. Add free wifi, good parking areas, friendly hosts and yes, we would definitely stay here again - and we highly recommend Fitzherbert Castle Motel to others who are looking for a well priced, convenient location close to the square.

Room Tip: Rooms to the back of the property preferable as away from the road, also trees provide shade in car...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

I arrived really late and I was still greeted with a smile and showed to my room, nothing was too much trouble. The rooms are big! It had a microwave in it too which is really helpful for a room which is not a whole unit, as well as a toaster, jug, etc. The people are extra friendly and helpful, the internet was free, there were makeup wipes and great hot chocolate packets and plunger coffee. The rooms are all off the main road although this is very centrally located, a few minutes walk to town and the supermarket, not to mention bars and cafes. They don't charge the earth for the drinks and snacks in the room either! The only thing stopping a top rating for this place is that the decor is tired, but who cares with such great service and so many extras. Great Value! I will be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Been to Fitzherbert Castle Motel? Share your experiences!