“Clean and convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bella Vista Motel Palmerston North

Bella Vista Motel Palmerston North
You added Bella Vista Motel Palmerston North to your Saves list
Bella Vista Motel Palmerston North
4.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   172-174 Fitzherbert Ave, Palmerston North, New Zealand   |
Blenheim, Marlborough, New Zealand
“Clean and convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Pleasant place to stay, easy walk to town but away from the busy noise of the centre. Room was clean and provided all I needed including free daily internet. Trevor was very obliging and helped me with my car problems. I would have liked a nice place to sit outside as it was lovely in the evening but my room had no outside seating. I visit Palmerston North regularly and would have no hesitation in returning to this motel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

I'm a repeat user of this and other Bella Vista motels around New Zealand. I have stayed at the Palmerston North motel numerous times over the last couple of years. I have always found the proprieters to be welcoming and friendly, and accomodating with any request I have made. The accomodation is always meticulously presented, and maintained in the same order when staying for more than one night with the room serviced daily. Great in-room facilities include multiple tv channels, free wi-fi, and a nice touch with the complimentary biscuits. I will be continuing to use this motel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Wellington, New Zealand
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

They charged $180 for 4 people and provided ONE small cake of soap. When asked for 3 more, he said he was in bed already and on informing him that there should be 4 pieces in the first instance, he provided another TWO and asked me to collect from his reception. There was no gel for the shower and he said he was sorry as he had run out of stock.
Their website stated $5 for 24 hours of internet but he charged an additional $18.50 for the internet.
There was also no newspaper given as stated on their website.
He was rude, recalcitrant and had no sense of customer service. He should be put out to pasture if he is so unhappy to accede to his guests' reasonable request for soap and shower gel.
There was no heater in the bedroom except for an electric blanket and the wall heater in the living room had a roaring fan that sounded like a kettle boiling.
The lamp in the kitchen was blown and he replaced it eventually.
Do not come to this poor excuse of a motel as there are numerous motels everywhere whose owners provide what is expected in a hospitality industry.
We were only expecting minimum standards and did not make unreasonable requests.
There is certainly less than a minimum standard here - blown lamp, ONE soap, no shower gel, high internet charges, no newspaper and absolutely NO SERVICE.
If you need anything, you have to collect it yourself from the reception as he is too comfortable staying in his warm bed.
What a RIP-OFF!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
BELLAPN, Manager at Bella Vista Motel Palmerston North, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thanyou for your feedback and it was certainly disappointing to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us.
Whilst we do welcome feedback and are always looking at ways to improve,I would like to make a few clarifications to some points that have been raised.
100mb of complimentary WI-FI is provided each day,excess traffic is charged at 2 cents per m/b.
This is stated on our website and was advised at checkin.The total amount used in your case was 1024mb or 1.024gb therefore has been charged accordingly.
We were advised of light bulb not working in your room prior to your leaving property for dinner, it was replaced and working on your return to the room.
Three pieces of soap were provided to you at reception at 10.30pm and our office hours are 7.30am to 9.30pm each day. Unfortunately we were out of shower gel due to a supplier shortage and I apologise for the inconvenience caused.
We provide a complimentary newspaper Monday to Friday on request as outlined in our room compendium as well as our website.
It was unfortunate that you did not raise your concerns or the fact that you were unhappy with your stay to give us an opportunity to make it right for you.
Warm Regards
Erin and Trevor
Napier, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

As a return customer, my wife and I recently stayed for two nights while attending my eldest son's wedding. The first time was to attend my youngest son's wedding two years ago. My sister and her nephew also stayed here both times.

The proprietors were very friendly and welcoming. The rooms were very clean, tidy and comfortable. Having a hot shower is an amazing experience on its own.

We will always stay at Bella Vista in Palmerston North. As it is a hotel chain, no matter which city you stay at, Bella Vista is setup the same and therefore feels comfortably familiar.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I spent 2 nights at Bella Vista PN and found my stay enjoyable. The room was cleaned to the highest standard and the room I had was a good size, great bathroom facilities. WhenIi returned back to the motel on the second day my room was again presented to the same standard it was on my arrival,I was impressed. The owners were very friendly and helpful and I found the motel served my purpose very well while I was there on business and I would not hesitate to stay again.

Room Tip: Very close to the inner city for those on business
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Three generations of women shared a room at this lovely studio apartment motel. Everything was great, from the daily servicing to the friendly helpful staff. The room was a bit cold and the wall heater noisy, but it was no trouble to be given a column oil heater as well. A quiet environment and great value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for disabled access if you need it - the Bella Vista Palmy North can cater for this.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Auckland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

I booked at this Motel and on the day before I travelled I became ill and couldn't go. Today I discovered that the owner charged me $155.00. You expect that in big cities in Europe. It is not acceptable in New Zealand. Do not deal with these people. They don't deserve to be in business.

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bella Vista Motel Palmerston North? Share your experiences!