“Friendly and reliable” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
New Zealand
“Friendly and reliable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My partner and I have eaten at this restaurant many times but never reviewed it. Last evening we had dinner here (3/1/13) and throughly enjoyed the experience, as we always have in the past. Yvette, the Co owner is very friendly and remembers customers first names which is nice. The staff are very friendly and helpful, atmosphere is serene and equally good for a quiet romantic dinner as for a family gathering or business lunch. Food is good and the Chef Owner is well awarded and prepared to try new things.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Went to Nero's on the recommendation if a family member. Found the standard of service to her very high and the food was to die for. A wide selection was available to suit all tastes and it was done well. Will have to go again to try out the rest of the menu!

Palmerston North
“Busy restaurant, big group, no problem ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Held our board dinner at Nero's. 15 people had a really good night. Comments about the food were excellent. Yvette looked after the table superbly. Very gracious capable host. Very highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This restaurant is one of the few I would return to or recommend in Palmerston North. Its ambiance and food are excellent, and the staff explain all the dishes without prompting. Everything about this place is first class and the meals interesting, tasty and beautifully presented..something most other Palmerston North restaurants fall short on. Prices are average for the city, but Nero's is truly out on its own in every other respect

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Popular spot with fun ambiance, great service, good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Based on the name, we came to this recommended restaurant expecting Italian food but the menu was NZ continental. We were seated at a nice corner table, and I sat on what appeared to be a horsehair banquette with distinctive design. The room is very atmospheric, and there were several large groups so it was noisy but not unpleasant. Our server was very friendly and attentive at all times, happy to make suggestions as requested. There were signs all around for their lamb awards and a special lamb competition going on, so I chose the lamb main, my husband chose the special fish, and we shared the "Turkish" bread which was toasted ciabatta with hummus, red pepper dip, sweet onion chutney and pesto dips. All of the dips were very good. My husband really enjoyed the fish prepared in a lemon butter sauce, and my taste of it was light and well done. It was a local white salt water fish whose name we don't recall. My lamb was wrapped in thick bacon and came with a "cigar" of phyllo wrapped mushrooms. I had asked for no bacon but they forgot, and although I pulled it off the essence of this dish was the heavy bacon flavoring which I don't enjoy but others may. I thought the lamb inside was a bit fatty and unexciting other than the bacon, but the mushroom cigar was melt in your mouth wonderful. We were too full for dessert, but they had a lovely dessert menu including little bites like a truffle which is nice to offer. I would recommend this restaurant to others.

Visited November 2012