“OK, but I'll look elsewhere next time in PN” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre

You added Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre to your Saves list
Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   175 Cuba Street | PO Box 5383, Palmerston North 4441, New Zealand (Formerly Travelodge Palmerston North)   |
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Palmerston North
Alexandra, New Zealand
“OK, but I'll look elsewhere next time in PN”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Check-in was fast and efficient. I arrived on Monday evening and was expected, everything was ready. First impressions of the room was that is was quite satisfactory. However when I went to have a shower I found no shampoo had been provided. That was rectified on my third day there.

Restaurante service was quite slow, but staff were friendly and there could be no complaints about the food.

The lighting in the room was adequate for watching TV, or for a romantic couple, but was too dim for studying business papers. (This seems to be a common practice among many modern hotels.) To get sufficient light to read meant lying on the bed so the bedside lamps could be used. OK for reading a book before going to sleep, but not for serious work.

By the Wednesday night temperatures were getting quite warm and that is I found the airconditioning didn't work.

Overall, I would only give this stay an average rating.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Rean V, Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Malcolm T
Thank you for taking the time to give us your valuable feedback. Since your stay we got a new F&B Manager and we also had a meeting for our housekeeping team to make sure they check every room daily to make sure all items have been placed in the room.
We will also be investigating better light for future guests

Kind Regards
Rean Vorster

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Tauranga, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

A little old, but clean and tidy. My stay was quiet and comfortable. The air conditioning was almost silent, and worked well. Buffet breakfast had good variety, everything seemed nice and fresh. I've stayed here a couple of times, checkin has been slow each time.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Rean V, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Rendezvousnz
Thank you for taking the time to review following your recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our great team. We enjoy what we do and feedback such as yours, certainly encourage us every day.
We will be investigating the slow check in you have experienced over the last few visits and find solutions to the problem
We would love to welcome you back on your next visit to Palmerton north to see the changes we have made

Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Firstly let me say that the room was very nice, comfortable bed and very clean. I had a lovely large window and appreciated being able to open the window for fresh air.

When I first arrived, I was getting changed in the bathroom and a staff member came in unannounced. I would have thought my luggage may have alerted her to the fact that I was there (my original room was not ready when I arrived at mid-day so I was given another. I assume that the room that I was placed in was supposed to be empty).

I had a brand new rental car and when I returned at night was shocked that I could not get a secure carpark. When I suggested to reception that I park behind one car with minimum inconvenience to just one car and that I would leave my keys at reception, I was told that the car that I was parked behind may want to check out early (this is why I was willing to leave my keys).

I had paid for two nights and upon leaving the premises on the first morning, reception came running after me to ask when I was checking out. I went upstairs to produce paperwork that showed that I had paid for two nights.

I was charged for a newspaper on the day I arrived when I wasn't even there.

Lastly the water in the shower was either extremely hot or extremely cold.

Lovely venue - not too noisy but there are a few issues that need to be addressed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear Natalia R

We always appreciate feedback from our guests even if it’s not great feedback; it gives us the opportunity to improve the product we offer for future guests
In regards to the parking unfortunately we have only limited spaces available due to our central location, and for insurance restrictions our team are not allowed move guest cars.
I do have to apologise for you inconvenient experience upon arrival. Our team will always do their best to give guest a room as soon as possible but due to be fully booked the night before we had no rooms available and out team member tried to give an alternative solution but she should have made better preparation to make sure nobody else uses the changing room.

We would like to invite you to stay with us on your next visit to Palmerston north to experience our level of service we pride ourselves on

Palmerston North, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We spent a Saturday night at a Dine and Dance, then had a room for a night. Following that our Company had a Sales Conference for two days.
First - Accomodation. Quiet, comfortable room with a great bed. Tidy room, clean and normal services such as mini-bar, aircon, TV. Good lighting, nice bathroom. Pleasant staff. VG breakfast.
Next - Dine and Dance. Good buffet food. Room perfect size. Dance floor built to suit, and a bar with enough variety in standard drinks ( nothing too fancy). Again very helpful staff. Good seating and tables, cutlery to VG standard. Highly enjoyable.
Finally - Conference. Excellent room set up. Good electronic gear, projector screen etc. VG refreshments, water, juice, ample coffee, good lunches, and a VG buffet dinner. Staff excellent again. Furniture very suitable.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trixta
The team at Travelodge Palmerton North are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your warm comments regarding service. It is also lovely to hear that you enjoyed your conference with us. We don’t receive a lot of feedback in regards to our conference facilities and we appreciate that you have taken the time to give some valuable feedback on our venue

North Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here just one night for business in September. Checked in after 10pm, so really only used the room to sleep and shower. Unfortunately the room temperature was too high (between 24-27 degrees) and the thermostat did not work. I called the front desk and staff came immediately but could not fix the problem. They showed me another room but it was no cooler. So she brought me a fan which helped a bit. It was cool outside, but alas I could not open the window. Other than this glitch, the room was clean and a good size. The staff were friendly and efficient, exactly what one might expect from a Travelodge.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Rean V, Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Dear Crowfly2
Thanks you for your feedback on your last visit. We really appreciate your feedback. It gives us the opportunity to change our operation and keep increasing our guest experience. Currently we are investigating our room temperatures and we have specialists looking into this problem and finding solutions.
We welcome you back at your next visit to Palmerton North and experience the changes we have made
melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had a nice stay here - the location was very handy for my business appointments, the rooms were a good size and very clean. Overall a nice place with nice friendly staff. The restaurant was very good as well and once again the staff were great

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Imanaussie2

Kind Regards
Tauranga, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My husband and I were down in Palmerston North to do a wedding (Bay of Plenty weddings -celebrant and photographer) and so we booked in for 2 nights and were pleasantly surprised by the size of the room, it was really quite big. The bed was king size, the facilities very clean and the price was really good value. We loved the art decor lift and the reception gave the feel of the 1920's. The receptionist (a male on check in and younger girl on check out) were so kind and both very helpful and friendly!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Rean V, General Manager at Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear bayofplentywedding
Thank you for taking the time to review following your recent stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our great team. We enjoy what we do and feedback such as yours certainly encourage us every day and I will pass on your feedback in regards to our friendly team ,Also thank you for your comments about our lovely old lift. It certainly is a charming feature of the heritage side of the hotel and at 85 years of age it certainly is a treasure.
thank you for taking the time to share with us. We look forward to your return visit to the hotel

Rean Vorster

Been to Distinction Palmerston North Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!