“Poorly prepared :(” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Margaret River, Dunsborough and Busselton Tours, to iconic Wine Estates and to Caves on the crystal waters of Margaret River.Daily tours 10am include the largest wild food native selection at a hosted Winery or River Lunch.Bushtucker Tours offers our guests a unique experience in the Margaret River Region. The Bushtucker Cave and Canoe tour provides a memorable day paddling on the Margaret River in Canadian Canoes. The tour also involves bush walking, a cave exploration and a unique wild food lunch. Guests can also learn about the flora and fauna in the area and hear historical talks concerning original settlers and indigenous tribes. The Bushtucker Winery and Brewery tours in Margaret River and now the Ferguson Valley wine regions incorporate tastings at a combination of smaller boutique cellar doors and also larger iconic wineries, the Margaret River Chocolate factory and Margaret River Dairy Company. A gourmet Bushtucker lunch sets the tour apart from any other! The lunch offers a large selection of dips, pesto’s, chutneys, smoked meats, salads and locally baked breads, and there is also the opportunity to taste native bush fruits and even a witjuti grub! Bushtucker tours also offer a deluxe winery tours, including scenic tastings and an a la carte winery lunch for the more discerning traveller! Bushtucker tours have been successfully operating for over 21 years and have achieved various accolades including state merit awards and heritage and culture awards. Testament to the fantastic experience the tours provide!
Karratha, Australia
“Poorly prepared :(”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

Was very disappointed at the lack of preparation. Tour guide was 10 mins late, bad weather the last few days so boats had been strewn all across the river, had to wade through the river to bring them back. Tour scheduled to begin at 9.15, only started canoeing at about 10.15. At the caves spent more than 30 mins waiting whilst everyone else crawled through, very annoying. Tour guide seemed to have little control of the group. One poor boat just had no idea how to row and were left about 20 minutes down stream with no one helping them. 2 ladies capsized and we, who paid, had to dive in and help them. At the end everyone just left because our tour guide couldnt find his picnic basket to give us something? Left feeling more stressed than when I started! Was so looking forward to it after such great reviews, well I guess it was unique...

bushtuckertours, Owner at Bushtucker River & Winery Tours, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Thankyou for your comments about preparation on the day after our 70 knott wind and storms. I would like to offer you a return visit when the river is not storm affected . I can only apologize for that unfortuneate day when both guide and public had to put up with a flood of our equiptment and river sites.
We will endeavour to avoid further disruption caused by storms.
Please email us if there is anything we can do to assist a future visit.
Thanks from the hard working team at Bushtucker Tours.

Subiaco, Australia
“Really fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

A GREAT way to spend time in Margaret river! I have visited MR several times over 20 years and learned more about Margaret River on this tour than every before. A really refreshing change from the usual. Action, fun and historical gossip in one package! Highly recommended!

Visited December 2012
bushtuckertours, Owner at Bushtucker River & Winery Tours, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Excellent we are refreshing and really fun!
We have excellent guides who really know the region and go the distance!
Come on the river tour and enjoy all the extra wildfoods too!
Sydney, Australia
“Bushtucker Wine Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I joined the Bushtucker wine Margaret river tour in Busselton. Having had the choice between a couple of tour companies I'd contacted I was hoping I chose the right one. Having done the tour I know I did. It doesn't even matter how good the other tour might have been, this one was perfect. We had such a laugh

Brian was our tour guide. He was brilliant! He had the right games and ideas to get everybody chatting amongst ourselves rather than just to those we came with. He had great knowledge of the wines too. I forgot to ask how he came to know all the wineries so well (as if it's not obvious!)

The food was amazing. I won't let on, but there was a surprise for a select bunch of us too. Ok, I wouldn't choose to eat that at home but glad I tried it

I can't recommend this tour highly enough! It was the best tour I've ever been on and I've been on quite a few now. We will definitely join another when we're next over in Margaret River...

Visited November 2012
Great news! thanks for coming and we do try to make your day!
Come on down again!
Busselton, Australia
“fabulous day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I had a fantastic day out, Chris the tour guide was fantastic and really added to the great scenery and fun!
Thanks for the great time - Highly recommend! I was disappointed when the day was over!

Will definitely be going on another Bushtucker Adventure!

Visited November 2012
We really appreciate your comments and all the info! I do try to have the guides as best as we can be and offer the best of the region.
Thanks again for coming!
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Totally cool group”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Great guide, great people, and a very good experience with the Liquor place!!! The man has not lost his touch, keep up the great work

Visited October 2012
bushtuckertours, Bookings at Bushtucker River & Winery Tours, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
So glad to hear you enjoyed your tour with us and thank you for the awesome feedback. If you are ever back our way and want to jump on tour with us again remember to bring your fridge magnet and mention that you have been on tour with us before and we will give you a free bottle of Margaret River White. If you are looking for something a little different then you should try our Bushtucker Canoe and Cave Tour!