The single room I booked was a spacious room with Queen-sized bed, rather bleak with a slightly dank smell (I guess from the carpet - airing the room didn't help for long). The room was located in a house away from the central area of the reception, pool & common area, and therefore very quiet, except for some negligible noise due to late check-ins. The shared toilets & showers were clean, and located in the same house as my room; the house also had a kitchen, and a lounge with TV, comfy couch and rocking chairs. I felt more like I was living together with a few decent people in the same house, than in a bustling and noisy backpacker hostel.
- Friendly staff consisting of only 1 person, Michelle (I never saw someone else during the 2 days I was there); she seemed to be a bit overworked, so friendliness was sometimes a bit forced
- Although agreed-upon when I had done my booking over the phone, nobody was at the bus stop to pick me up when I arrived in town, so I had to walk the 1.5km to the hostel. On departure, though, I got a lift to the bus stop
- It seems as if you can get DVDs from the reception for free - I never asked for this, but other people in my house were watching a movie on both nights I stayed there
- Wireless Internet was available only in the area immediately surrounding the reception (not in my room, or in the house where I was staying). As the reception closes in the evening, I had to make my Skype phone call to home while sitting outside in the cold on the porch of the reception building
- Can't say anything about the kitchen, I didn't use it
- Apparently the hostel's shuttle bus can take guests to different places for a fee (e.g. the beach), I didn't use this service, though
- On checkin I had to sign a paper where I confirmed that I would "behave" :-) and follow the hostel's rules of conduct; no problem there... after my experience with the Beachouse YHA in Dunsborough I actually *welcomed* this!
- Bikes can be hired for $20/day
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Margaret River Lodge YHA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.