“The perfect one!” 5 of 5 stars

Inne Town Backpackers
93 Bussell Highway, Margaret River, Western Australia, Australia   |
“The perfect one!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Small hostel (only 8 rooms) very very nice. I'm here since 4 weeks and I don't think I'll leave it very soon. Is tidy and clean enough. You can know everybody in few days and on Friday and Saturday evening people are from the other 2 hostels in town to enjoy the evening. Absolutely raccomanded! At the moment (is my 4th in australia and 6th or 7th in total) is my favorite one.

Stayed November 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Margaret River Region, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I really enjoyed my time in inee town backpacker. It's not the most luxious hostel but it's enought. The room are nice and the matress confortable. the staff is amasingly nice big up for sarah ;) and the ambiance between the backpacker is very cool, everybody enjoy them time there, it's like a familly, quiet but still busy during the week and partying the week end ! we can't ask more ! this is the best hostel I've ever been in australia so far :)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

If your in maragaret river for a weekend or working here i cant recomend inntown enough!!!!!
most hostels i stay in you get your bed and facilites but here feels like your living in a family, this is my second return after spending 4 months here earlier this year and came back for work and yea absolutely love it ! Sara the manager is an absolute diamond and goes out of her way to help you and make you feel part of the family.

The rooms are cosy and super comfortable and not like most hostels the place has character ! especially for a solo traveller you meet so many people here and its impossible not to make friends !

Kitchen is awesome and a pleasure to cook n chat !

i could go on but bottom line is if your here dont miss out seriously i came out from here with life long friends and sooooooo many awesome memories!

Close to town and everything and good notice board for people selling stuff and jobs and all staff give you great advice on what to do around here !

ive only written couple of reviews on here but definately had to give this place a mention !!

tres bien !

Room Tip: Have private rooms and dorms biggest dorm room 8 peeps so not crowded ...any room is wicked!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

With a days notice to book a last minute getaway down to Margaret River, Inne Town Backpackers were super accommodating. Speaking with the forever friendly Sarah, who brought her Canadian hospitality to the tourist town, we had a tour of the facilities. The small and cosy backpackers meant you got to know other tourists and locals quickly, whether it was in the kitchen, in the communal dining areas, or recognising accents out and around town. I have stayed in various other hostels around the world for a similar price, and this was value for money. Comfortable beds, free breakfast, and great company with all those you meet, it was perfect for our weekend away. Sure some aspects may need some TLC, but for an inexpensive bed in the centre of Margaret River, it was perfect for us. Thanks so much Sarah and Adam, hope to see you all again!
-Andrew and the Perth gang

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I had to go down to Margs at late notice and so could not find anywhere with a vacancy for the Friday and Saturday night. I called around and managed to get a room for me and my travelling partner here- I called the night before and spoke to a German girl who took my credit card details over the phone to book the twin room.About an hour later the girl called back and told me " sorry we have just had an online booking which takes priority over a phone booking" ????? Um I explained we had booked the room on my credit card and she said as they do not take payment until we check in, the online booking (which was after my booking ) gets it...she then offered us a different room but as it had 4 beds we had to pay the extra for the room, even though it was there fault they still said I had to pay the extra. I dont care if im staying at a $4000 a night hotel or a $40 a night hostel there is a certain level of courtesy people expect ,the customer service from her was awful.So right away the trip seemed to take a slide down the slippery slope.
Anyway we checked in and it was a different girl from the one who took our booking - AND SHE WAS LOVELY what a difference and when I explained about the booking she was very apologetic and offered the room to us for the same price as our original booking (which I thought the other girl would have done at least). THIS IS THE ONLY REASON I DIDNT GIVE IT A 1 STAR
The place itself is the same as it was 12 years ago when I went backpacking, not much has changed. The bathrooms really need a make over, in fact the owners need to rip the lot out and completely renovate them. One morning I had a shower and the shower head actually fell off and hit me in the head- I had a chuckle and then thought why not go to bunnings and spend $30 and buy new shower heads. The taps were even worse a couple didnt work and a couple were missing lol.I think it says alot about the owners not the staff when a place gets to this stage and they dont seem to care about it,its a shame that it has been a bit neglected over the years.
The good points - Great location close to all the shops and a short stroll to the pubs.Parking was actually very good and we parked right next to the office, but it must depend on how busy they are.
If you are backpacking and dont have many choices (both budget and location wise) then this would be on your list.
I would love to return in 12 months and see that the owners have put there hands in there pockets and revamped the whole place, as it has so much potential.

Room Tip: We had the room out the back which is probably a bit quieter. BOOK ONLINE SO THEY DONT DOUBLE BOOK...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Vantaa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed here for a week at the end of May, and really enjoyed it! It was getting cold at that time, but they give you a heater to the room if you want one, so that takes care of it. The staff is super friendly and helpful, they go out of their way to make your stay as nice as possible. The place has a chilled out vibe to it and you make friends easily. The kitchen has everything you need and the huge movie selection in the common room is amazing! The bathrooms are clean and, the best thing of all, there's full-lenght mirrors. They also have a hairdryer. Location is perfect, in the middle of town where everything is close. I highly recommend Inne Town Backpackers, a really nice hostel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

it was my 1st trip to Margaret for a long time and so glad to find inne town backpackers.
amazing location, very friendly stay, well looked after. well priced. all in all a amazing stay even if the weather outside is not so nice.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Been to Inne Town Backpackers? Share your experiences!