“Won't go back in a hurry, if ever.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Margaret River Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Margaret River
Margaret River Hotel
You added Margaret River Hotel to your Saves list
125 Bussell Highway, Margaret River, Western Australia 6285, Australia   |
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Margaret River
Perth, Australia
“Won't go back in a hurry, if ever.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

• I booked a what I thought was a King Spa Hotel Room. Upon arriving, I find we have been put in a King Room with Spa in your Holiday Suite. This was not made clear in my booking confirmation.
• Our smoke alarm works. But it seems to work too well, going off twice randomly in our stay there for about a minute each time. Thankfully it was not in the middle of the night it went off.
• My biggest annoyance was that what I thought was a king bed ended up being 2 singles zipped together. The 2 beds were not even at the same height as there was a definite difference. For the price payed and it not being advertised as this, I was EXTREMELY annoyed and disappointed. When I raised this with the lady at the counter, she offered to swap us to a non-spa king room and refund $15 difference. I booked the King Spa room because I wanted a king bed and a spa.

I planned on bringing my girlfriend down to Margaret River for a nice relaxing night away, which ended up being a bit more eventful than planned, and unfortunately I can’t say I’ll be recommending the Margaret River Hotel to anyone else to stay at.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

Good clean, basic accommodation on the main street of Margaret River township. Rooms are for retreating to following a day's activities in the region. They are basic but contain comfortable beds and a small kitchenette and clean bathroom.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

I recently stayed in Margaret River for four nights. There was a very large group of us ... 130 guests ... staying at various locations. The Margaret River Hotel was the meeting place each evening and we had several meals and drinks during the 4 days. The food was quite good but the staff we very, very rude. On the final evening ... Sunday night ... 20 of us went there for dinner and were in an alcoved room. At 9 pm the staff were extremely rude and told us that we had to leave. Now, I know that you might be thinking that we were intoxicated and misbehaving .... but we were actually well behaved and completely shocked at their rude attitude. Next time I go to that area I will stay in another town. In general we found most shops and eating places to have very rude staff. How disappointing for future tourism!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stayed here in October 2010 for one night as a last minute decision as the other place we were meant to check into (after hours) had forgotten to leave our key out...... So considering it was late at night and we were very annoyed, Margeret River hotel was very helpful. It was late and they were able to give us a room. The rooms are located at the back of the hotel and are quite good. I don't think they are worth the money, but the location is so good in the centre of town, rooms are really big with a comfy bed and big bathroom. Good basic and clean accomodation. By the looks of other photos it seems they have done up some of the rooms maybe request one of these rooms. The hotel restaurant has really good food too! You can hear a little noise from your room from the live music from the bar, but this didn't bother us. There is better places to stay in Margaret River but this is OK if you want basic clean spacious accomodation in the centre of town

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night while touring WA. The room was large and clean but the heating was not working. We asked reception to look into it which they did and reset the settings but this had little to no affect on the cold room we stayed in. We stacked the blanks and toughed through it. The location was right in the heart of town and close to several shops as well as the wineries and other attractions close by. There is a great restaurant that is part of the hotel which was included as part of the deal we had with the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

We recently had dinner at the Margaret River Hotel restaurant and it was FANTASTIC. We had the mushroom bruchetta to start, then my husband had the steak and I had salt and pepper squid.. We also had a gorgeous bottle of wine. It was hard to choose which such a large menu.

We received exceptional service from the staff even though it was really busy. Would recommend eating and staying at this hotel. Its definitely worth it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Nice, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

We stayed in the rooms at the back of the hotel. They are very average. Nothing special. However, the location is good and the rooms were a decent size. Price was ok. Wouldn't stay there again, but would definitely stay somewhere on the high street as it is nice to be able to walk to the restaurants in the evening.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Margaret River Hotel? Share your experiences!