This guest house was recommended by a friend and upon checking TA I booked it without hesitation. On our early arrival we were checked into our room. Our host kindly explained the facilities and then left us alone. I was enchanted by the room with it's lovely olde worlde decor, separate ante rooms. We walked firstly into the bedroom through to a small sitting area and at the rear was a small private courtyard with table and chairs plus a small fridge and tea making facilities. Adjacent to the sitting area was another alcove which lead to a separate loo and generous sized bathroom (shower but no bathtub) The bed in our room was rather uncomfortable but probably the only complaint I had. There was no TV in the suite however there is a common lounge area for guests with a TV. In the hallway was a tea/coffee making station complete with biscuits. The room was nice and clean with lovely soft towels and little extra touches like chocolates on the bed and quality toiletries. Our breakfast was included in our tariff of $150 per night which I thought was very good value. Breakfast, which is taken in the onsite annexed verandah restaurant, although only continental was substantial with plenty of choice including fresh fruit. There is an option to buy a cooked breakfast but unfortunately for my husband it wasn't available on Monday's or Tuesdays (both days we were there). Our first evening happened to coincide with the only evening that a roast dinner is served at the onsite restaurant, at $28AUD pp we thought it very good value. It was three course, soup, roast main, dessert and cheese platter plus tea and coffee. For our second evening meal we went to the Settler's Tavern (easy walking distance), there was live music, upmarket pub atmosphere and hearty sized, tasty meals. All in all we really enjoyed our stay at Bridgefield a beautifully restored homestead with lovely gardens and a comfortable relaxed atmosphere.
- Also Known As:
- Bridgefield Guest House Hotel
- Bridgefield Guest House Hotel Margaret River
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bridgefield Guest House Margaret River is a National Trust listed property and is a great place for travelers. Downtown Margaret River Bridgefield is centrally located, close to the river walk trails, shops and restaurants. All tour operators pick up from our carpark. All rooms are ensuite. Breakfast is included in all tariffs. There are tea and coffee facilities. Log fires in winter. Reverse cycle aircon in all rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Bridgefield Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.